American Cancer Society
www.cancer.org Atlanta, GA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Overall- Just "okay"

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsACS is a great company to work for in that it represents such a great cause! The work environment is great and fellow coworkers are all very interpersonal.

ConsToo much down time for my liking (which depending on the type of person you are can be considered a pro actually). There is a lack of internal structure.

Director, Special Events

Director, Special Events (Former Employee)

I worked at American Cancer Society full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: I worked for the organization for 11 years. Great Mission, Great passion from the volunteers. The services that we provided for cancer patients were localized… Cons: Transformation is a disaster. They are taking away the localization and hometown feeling of the offices. Leadership was not aways qualified for their positions… Advice to Senior Management: Take a look at the "divisions" see which ones were the most successful and transform to that structure. Do not use a siloed structure for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I am proud to work for such a fantastic, mission driven organization.

Specialist (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at American Cancer Society full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The leadership is brilliant and dedicated to the mission. This is an organization that is goal driven, ready to make tough decisions, and will achieve… Cons: It can be hard to move up in the organization, but they are working on that since they have… Advice to Senior Management: Work to train and elevate your current staff through a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on American Cancer Society.

Worked for American Cancer Society? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Cancer Society reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Cancer Society CEO John R. Seffrin. All reviews posted anonymously by American Cancer Society employees.