American Cancer Society
www.cancer.org Atlanta, GA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Loved the mission, politics much to prevalent to stay on track.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe best reason to work with the American Cancer Society is the volunteers. Enabling people to make a difference in the fight against cancer is incredible. It also served my own need to be a part of the solution.

ConsToo many ladder climbers and politics in this organization. It is natural to want to further your own career, but when it comes at a cost to others and the organization, there needs to be some changes in the way things are done.. The culture is one of micromanagement in many cases and big egos that get in the way of the mission.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay in touch with the real reason this organization exists.

Horrible Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I worked at American Cancer Society full-time

Pros: Can't argue with the Mission Cons: Extreme lack of leadership at mid to senior levels. … Advice to Senior Management: Hire outside business leaders that know how to run a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great experience and wonderful people!

Special Events Manager (Former Employee)
    Culver City, CA

I worked at American Cancer Society as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: I worked in the Special Events Department putting on large scale fundraising events in the Los Angeles area. I loved my work, the people… Cons: I had a contract job and there was no full time position when it… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on American Cancer Society.

Worked for American Cancer Society? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Cancer Society reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Cancer Society CEO John R. Seffrin. All reviews posted anonymously by American Cancer Society employees.