American Cancer Society

www.cancer.org

Great Co-Workers. Caring People!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  West Palm Beach, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Pros

The co-workers & management really care about what they are doing

Cons

Long work hours, Not enough work/ family balance. Ridiculous goals to achieve for donations

Balance out work & family time

Other reviews for American Cancer Society

it was a great experience

Pros

fun environment, met great friends, very rewarding

Cons

fast-paced, can be stressful, can be depressing at times

American Cancer Society

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Pros

Nothing good about this organization.

Cons

This whole organization is a scam. I seen what greater evil exists and how everyone falls into their scheme. Managers spent a lot of money on "lunches". Made employees use their own vehicles to get lunch whenever managers wanted lunch. No appreciation for volunteers. A volunteer of 3 years (and breast cancer-survivor) was treated badly. They threw a "Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon" and all managers complained in the breakroom about when the volunteers would be leaving. Poor system for handling donation funds. Too many hands have access to the keys to the so-called safe. When trying to implement stricter rules, they were all dismissed. Managers point fingers at each other and place blame on each other or the office workers. Disgusted at how the management used the organization's credit cards as if it was a "for profit" company, knowing this is all donated money. Weekly meetings were a joke as managers would complain about some of the donations handed in by teams for Relay for Life, or how a participant acted. This is not what I expected when I chose to work there. They aren't really working towards a cause. They are looking to fill their pockets. I didn't want to be a part of this evil organization that has been scheming people for decades. I'm glad I got to see things from the inside. I hated every day that I had to accept the money from the people who worked so hard to collect it or worked so hard, period, for the money to donate to this scamming organization.

Show appreciation for the volunteers you are scamming, this includes the participants for Relay for Life. Cut back on all the lunches you buy at your disposal at the expense of all the good-hearted donors who believe in your cause. Work together, show professionalism, don't place blame on each other or the office workers when you drop the ball.

There are newer employer reviews for American Cancer Society.

Worked for American Cancer Society? Contribute to the Community!