American Cancer Society

www.cancer.org
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for American Cancer Society

The American Cancer Society is a great place to work. The volunteers are amazing and the staff get along famously.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Springfield, MO
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Springfield, MO

I have been working at American Cancer Society full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Its amazing to wake up and know that you will make a difference in people's lives that day. Its also nice that everyone is so friendly. The staff here are more like a family. They have great benefits and a good amount of paid time off.

Cons

It is not high pay for the amount of work you have to do, but the rewards make it worth it.

Work-life balance could use some improvement. Although I understand that when working with volunteers, you have to be on their time schedule rather than one you make yourself.

491 Other Employee Reviews for American Cancer Society (View Most Recent)

The most difficult and rewarding job I have ever held

Current Employee - Specialist, Relay for Life
    Current Employee - Specialist, Relay for Life

I have been working at American Cancer Society full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am able to work with amazing volunteers that are well connected in the community. I truly believe in the mission of the American Cancer Society and I love working as a team with the girls in my office! Pay is competitive and benefits are good.

Cons

Little room for growth with the organization. Long hours and usually 2-3 night meetings on top of 8:30-5 in the office. Lots of PTO time - however it is incredibly hard to actually take any time off from January - August. Lots of driving required (at least in my area - this is reimburst but driving 10 hours a week isn't fun). There is a lot of uncertainty with the current organizational "Transformation". Although, the changes will be good in the long run- I see a lot of issues over the next 3-5 years as the try to iron out the hiccups.

Volunteer

Current Intern - Volunteer in Mishawaka, IN
    Current Intern - Volunteer in Mishawaka, IN

I have been working at American Cancer Society as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Very positive and nice environment for a volunteer position. I felt appreciated and wanted.

Cons

None so far. I just wish there were open positions.

There are newer employer reviews for American Cancer Society