There are newer employer reviews for American Cancer Society

Pleasant

Current Employee - Patient Resource Specialist  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - Patient Resource Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at American Cancer Society full-time for less than a year

Pros

I believe in the mission and work of this company, and believe they do their absolute best to be good stewards of donor dollars. Good atmosphere, caring and attentive management.

Cons

The red tape of the internal processes occasionally gets in the way of delivering services effectively.

Allowing employees more decision-making capability would do wonders for morale.

422 Other Employee Reviews for American Cancer Society (View Most Recent)

The most difficult and rewarding job I have ever held

Current Employee - Specialist, Relay for Life
    Current Employee - Specialist, Relay for Life

I have been working at American Cancer Society full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I am able to work with amazing volunteers that are well connected in the community. I truly believe in the mission of the American Cancer Society and I love working as a team with the girls in my office! Pay is competitive and benefits are good.

Cons

Little room for growth with the organization. Long hours and usually 2-3 night meetings on top of 8:30-5 in the office. Lots of PTO time - however it is incredibly hard to actually take any time off from January - August. Lots of driving required (at least in my area - this is reimburst but driving 10 hours a week isn't fun). There is a lot of uncertainty with the current organizational "Transformation". Although, the changes will be good in the long run- I see a lot of issues over the next 3-5 years as the try to iron out the hiccups.

Volunteer

Current Employee - Volunteer  in  Mishawaka, IN
    Current Employee - Volunteer in Mishawaka, IN

I have been working at American Cancer Society as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Very positive and nice environment for a volunteer position. I felt appreciated and wanted.

Cons

None so far. I just wish there were open positions.

There are newer employer reviews for American Cancer Society

Worked for American Cancer Society? Contribute to the Community!