There are newer employer reviews for American Cancer Society

Patient Resource Specialist

Current Employee - Patient Resource Specialist  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - Patient Resource Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at American Cancer Society full-time for less than a year

Pros

The atmosphere, they really care about employees, great benefits. I have made great friendships. Can pursue other things outside of work, in my case family.

Cons

No room for growth.

424 Other Employee Reviews for American Cancer Society (View Most Recent)

Pleasant

Current Employee - Patient Resource Specialist  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Resource Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at American Cancer Society full-time for less than a year

Pros

I believe in the mission and work of this company, and believe they do their absolute best to be good stewards of donor dollars. Good atmosphere, caring and attentive management.

Cons

The red tape of the internal processes occasionally gets in the way of delivering services effectively.

Allowing employees more decision-making capability would do wonders for morale.

The American Cancer Society is a great place to work. The volunteers are amazing and the staff get along famously.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Springfield, MO

I have been working at American Cancer Society full-time for more than a year

Pros

Its amazing to wake up and know that you will make a difference in people's lives that day. Its also nice that everyone is so friendly. The staff here are more like a family. They have great benefits and a good amount of paid time off.

Cons

It is not high pay for the amount of work you have to do, but the rewards make it worth it.

Work-life balance could use some improvement. Although I understand that when working with volunteers, you have to be on their time schedule rather than one you make yourself.

There are newer employer reviews for American Cancer Society

Worked for American Cancer Society? Contribute to the Community!