There are newer employer reviews for American Cancer Society

I worked in the Oakland Division as one of the top data entry clerks with Oscar Gonzalez.

Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk  in  Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Oakland, CA

I worked at American Cancer Society full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I loved the family like feeling with my co-workers and the fact that we performed under our best with a team player attitude and excellent work ethics. It was like working with family.

Cons

The customer service challenge was both challenging and rewarding. Help a constituent and finding the problem was very rewarding.

Oscar Gonzalez who works at the Oakland Division office is the perfect example of management to myself. His example of being a very caring person and team player has made me a better employee. He has furthered my skills in customer service. My advice is to be approachable to your employees.

425 Other Employee Reviews for American Cancer Society (View Most Recent)

Patient Resource Specialist

Current Employee - Patient Resource Specialist  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Resource Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at American Cancer Society full-time for less than a year

Pros

The atmosphere, they really care about employees, great benefits. I have made great friendships. Can pursue other things outside of work, in my case family.

Cons

No room for growth.

Pleasant

Current Employee - Patient Resource Specialist  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Resource Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at American Cancer Society full-time for less than a year

Pros

I believe in the mission and work of this company, and believe they do their absolute best to be good stewards of donor dollars. Good atmosphere, caring and attentive management.

Cons

The red tape of the internal processes occasionally gets in the way of delivering services effectively.

Allowing employees more decision-making capability would do wonders for morale.

There are newer employer reviews for American Cancer Society

Worked for American Cancer Society? Contribute to the Community!