Male dominated management team

I worked at American City Business Journals

Pros

Great local business content, nice people. Print Management team invests a lot of resources in training and development and customer marketingthamarketing to bring to life it's brand story. This leadership and brand stewardship is missing on the digital front.

Cons

Not an innovation driven, collaborative culture. When I was there it was a "boys club" in every sense of the word.

Hires management who have strong experience in the publishing industry outside of ACBJ and relationships. Create a compensation plan that fosters communications sharing and collaboration. Encourage leaders to spend more time with customers and be more externally focused. When I was there I reported to someone who spent all of his time in meetings and was a micro-manager and yet couldn't be bothered to respond to emails/calls most of the time.

Other Reviews for American City Business Journals

Great Place to Start

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at American City Business Journals

Pros

Great place to start a career with competitive salary and benefits, as well as a great place to grow your career.

Cons

It is a newspaper, you need to work 5 days a week, and holidays and time off are not as frequent as some other employers.

The managers at this location are actually great. No one is perfect, but they seem to treat their employees fair, and reward and recognize good work.

Okay, but limited

I have been working at American City Business Journals

Pros

Small staff atmosphere, work closely with your co-workers.

Cons

Little room for growth or development.

Listen to employees. Be more responsive.

There are newer employer reviews for American City Business Journals.

Worked for American City Business Journals? Contribute to the Community!