There are newer employer reviews for American College of Cardiology

Great Benefits

I worked at American College of Cardiology full-time

Pros

Great people and great benefits.

Cons

Hard to be promoted to the next level.

14 Other Employee Reviews for American College of Cardiology (View Most Recent)

Research associate

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at American College of Cardiology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

good environment
    competitive pay / compensation

Cons

Was not there long enough to comment

A few bad apples ruin the bunch

Former Employee - Passionate Contributor in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Passionate Contributor in Washington, DC

I worked at American College of Cardiology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits
    Lots of awesome people working in NCDR. They are very passionate about the work they do and the sense of purpose rubs off on everyone making you want to work hard to make a real difference in this world we live in.
    Work Life Balance is great

Cons

Salaries are not the greatest, makes it hard to recruit good people.
    Poor management is the number one reason I left. Even with all the good friends I made and all the great colleagues I had, some of the managers made going to work like getting teeth pulled out. Ultimately, even with all the great opportunities afforded, working for a control freak boss that is deceptive and dishonest was not helping me in anyway. Even after formally complaining, I was given the opportunity to learn that they plan on keeping this manager in place "forever" which basically meant I would have to leave. These managers get away with these types of things because of this ridiculous "chain of command" notion where everyone must be sub-servant to the manager above them and the "obedient" remain in place indefinitely.
    There is a move to flatten the organization that started earlier in 2014. This may help remove power from some of these tyrant managers that ultimately contribute to work/life stress and poor morale.

You have a trust in your hands, don't blow it. Stop running this place like it belongs to you and start listening to your people. There is a lot of potential but you need to know that people are not just cogs! Know that loyalty comes and goes, but integrity is forever so have some integrity and don't just keep people that are obedient servants around because they do your bidding. Be serious about flattening the organization so these terrible managers can start to show their true colors and get rid of them or remove them from management.

There are newer employer reviews for American College of Cardiology