There are newer employer reviews for American College of Cardiology

Overall decent place to work

Current Employee - Associate Director in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Associate Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at American College of Cardiology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Above average benefits and salary; other perks such as onsite fitness classes; health checkups; opportunities to engage in social activities with colleagues; interesting work, flexible work hours.

Cons

Hard to get promoted, budget restrictions, meager salary increases. Certain departments seem to be favorites and tend to get promotions more easily. Large number of staff so you can easily be overlooked.

Advice to Management

Provide more promotion opportunities; give back some benefits that have been taken away in the recent past.

reviews filtered by

Excellent work community that was headed downhill

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at American College of Cardiology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A large percentage of the staff were highly dedicated to their jobs and worked hard to do more to help the medical community and the public.

Cons

Changes in the overall work environment in 2007-08 turned ACC into an uncomfortable place to work where many people felt on edge on a daily basis, and a lot of good people left due to the changes.

Advice to Management

Relax. Get more flexible working arrangements, not less.

A large medical membership organization

Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Washington, DC

Pros

Good benefits, easy hours, gym on premises, prime location in DC's West End area.

Cons

Idiotic management, cardiologist members that treat staff like dirt, hierarchical management approach from the 60's, more red tape than IBM, too much self-preservation, lack of teamwork. This is one of the most disjointed organizations I have ever seen; the senior management is greedy and is more concerned about making themselves look good to membership than anything else, and they are very self-satisfied. Meanwhile, employees are without direction, and suffer from management's inability to do anything well, but it's never their fault. Avoid this place at all costs. I am glad I left when I did.