American Council on Exercise

There are newer employer reviews for American Council on Exercise

Happy Camper

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at American Council on Exercise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I currently work here, and I love it! There have been lots of changes in my tenure, but that comes with any company of any size. The leadership is supportive and really cares about the employees. They pay for my insurance which is a huge help, and my manager is very supportive. There's a free gym, car washes, dry cleaning and shipping all onsite, which makes errands very convenient. I I'm a happy camper!

Cons

We are all spread a little too thin sometimes, but that comes with growing pains I think, and we've grown a lot since I started here!

Remember that communication is important and never lose the concern for your staff. They make all your money.

4 Other Employee Reviews for American Council on Exercise (View Most Recent)

A good place to work even if you're not interested in a fitness-related career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at American Council on Exercise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent mission; good executive team; good work environment; people are very nice, friendly and easy to get along with. Sometimes the work is extremely interesting and engaging, other times - not so much (but that's life)

Cons

Lack of career development; very top-down direction - not much interactive or organic collaboration between all levels of employees; limited sick time - only 5 days/year with no long-term accrual - very limiting

Create a system for developing and promoting internal talent

What used to be a wonderful place to work, now completely lost - such a shame

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at American Council on Exercise full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great mission and area of work where you feel like you are making a difference in the lives of others, interesting and meaningful subject matter, small company in good and central location, decent benefits and fair pay, ability to make an impact even if you are not in a management level, was once thought of as a wonderful place to work (people loved their jobs, a true team environment and fun place to work, challenging work and respectful coworkers) - formerly anyway

Cons

A new executive leader was hired that completely changed the environment and leads by fear, Now negative and distrusting, a huge percentage of employees at every level of the company have jumped ship or been fired to include many of the top performers if they were not willing to become a follower of the new regime, Very distrusting work environment, overall sense of people hating coming to work each day. CEO is not strong leader.

Was hoping to hear things had gotten better but so sad no improvement. Remember the good ol days - when you had a positive work environment your revenues prospered. You had a great team. It's not too late, and it's amazing the impact one person can have - to include if you remove them from the situation.

There are newer employer reviews for American Council on Exercise

Worked for American Council on Exercise? Contribute to the Community!