very good

Former Employee - Sales
Former Employee - Sales

I worked at American Cruise Lines

Pros

Great management and willing to hire and promote within the company at all times- very good benefits for just starting.

Cons

Different work schedules for all shifts and hard to get uses to the changes in what they do weekly but nice/

Advice to Management

they are great wish they would promote older people in the company - they will interview but not hire you/

American Cruise Lines Response

Apr 17, 2015 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We appreciate the feedback of current and former employees and find this information can help us in improving our company. We are glad to know you enjoyed ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The product is excellent, but treatment of the inside sales staff is more than disappointing.

Current Employee - Inside Sales
    Current Employee - Inside Sales

I have been working at American Cruise Lines

Pros

Making client's dreams come true, by selling beautiful cruise vacations.

Cons

Management hires and fire randomly. Inside sales staff is not allowed to have direct lines to their desk for customer ease to reach their sales agent. When the phonecalls come in, other more aggressive sales agents, lie, tell the client it doesn't matter who you speak to and steal your clients. There is gross dishonesty within the sales pool and management doesn't care. They only love you the one second you make a sale. The next day, they could fire you for having a poor day. Listing on white board of everyone's sales for the week. The bottom people are in danger of being fired without notice.

Advice to Management

Allow your staff to build a client base and make a decent living! Treat the staff like human beings!

American Cruise Lines Response

Apr 17, 2015 – Director of Marketing

We appreciate your comments. Sales is a challenging job and certainly not the right fit for everyone. However, we have cruise specialists who have been with us for several years and thoroughly enjoy ... More

2. Steward

Former Employee - Steward in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Steward in Fresno, CA

I worked at American Cruise Lines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Travel, Friendships, Lifetime of Crazy memories on board a cruise ship, Free Food, and the BEST sunrises and sunsets because your awake for both every single day cruising somewhere amazing.

Cons

Some weeks we got the minimum pay $500 before taxes, Turnaround Days and Housekeeping are hard at times. Managers change ships often, and friends come and go frequently. People quit because the job gets hard and the rest of the crew has to push that much harder. LACK OF SLEEP.

Advice to Management

To managers on board. Be real, have fun, be able to filter cooperate pressure from your hardworking crew. The job is hard for everyone at times. Cooperate I think that you few people running things have a really amazing business operating. There's nothing to be ashamed of; yet at times it felt like cooperate wasn't as open and honest as they should be; especially during training. Also, your too quick to get away with financial gains for the company. I get its hard to paint a picture without scaring people out of the position, but I boarded the ship is disbelief and shock completely unprepared for what its really like. My advice would to be more open and honest, its really a great job! With that being said you should also make it easy for crew to taxi to and from the ship at company cost. Also, I had to ask for my bonus weeks after finishing my 12 weeks. Your a bit aggressive with petty cost.