American Cruise Lines

very good

Former Employee - Sales
Former Employee - Sales

I worked at American Cruise Lines

Pros

Great management and willing to hire and promote within the company at all times- very good benefits for just starting.

Cons

Different work schedules for all shifts and hard to get uses to the changes in what they do weekly but nice/

they are great wish they would promote older people in the company - they will interview but not hire you/

30 Other Employee Reviews for American Cruise Lines (View Most Recent)

The product is excellent, but treatment of the inside sales staff is more than disappointing.

Current Employee - Inside Sales
    Current Employee - Inside Sales

I have been working at American Cruise Lines

Pros

Making client's dreams come true, by selling beautiful cruise vacations.

Cons

Management hires and fire randomly. Inside sales staff is not allowed to have direct lines to their desk for customer ease to reach their sales agent. When the phonecalls come in, other more aggressive sales agents, lie, tell the client it doesn't matter who you speak to and steal your clients.
    There is gross dishonesty within the sales pool and management doesn't care. They only love you the one second you make a sale. The next day, they could fire you for having a poor day. Listing on white board of everyone's sales for the week. The bottom people are in danger of being fired without notice.

Allow your staff to build a client base and make a decent living! Treat the staff like human beings!

Steward

Former Employee - Steward  in  Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Steward in Providence, RI

I worked at American Cruise Lines full-time for less than a year

Pros

While working for this company, I was able to travel to many places, meet new people, make very decent money and if I stayed longer I would have tried to get promoted and it probably would have happened.

Cons

Working for this company, you are away from family and friends, you are overworked, you have no time for yourself until 9 pm at night, you have very long days and you are put in one room with 9 other people where you have to share everything. The turnover was horrible. Every week we had someone new joining us that we had to train.

Giving people time off is something I would consider if I was management and giving people more breaks. In order for the crew to be successful, they need a break to replenish and get themselves together. For example, doing laundry. There was never time to wash your uniform.

There are newer employer reviews for American Cruise Lines

Worked for American Cruise Lines? Contribute to the Community!