American Cruise Lines
www.americancruiselines.com Guilford, CT 150 to 499 Employees

STAY AWAY

Food Service Manager (Former Employee)

ProsSaid the money was great and the company would pay for everything.

ConsHorrible living conditions. Horrible employee food. No free time.
They always said more employees were coming but we were under-staffed the whole summer. 16 hours days, with no breaks and low morale make for a miserable summer.
Some crew members were trained and others were not. This makes it very difficult to work as a team when some are faster than others. There was a lot of bullying amongst crew members and it made it difficult to get anything done.
Other crew members were back stabbers and just wanted you off the ship so they could keep more tips for themselves. Watch out. The safest job on the ship is the galley stew.
I would not recommend this job/company to anyone. It’s the most difficult work environment I have ever working in and I have works in a lot of hotels….

Advice to Senior Managementtrain managers and crew memebers.

Horrible Job,

Management (Former Employee)

I worked at American Cruise Lines full-time for less than a year

Pros: - Some co workers are good to be around while… Cons: -Living conditions are atrocious with no privacy at all, and the mattresses that you have to sleep on are never changed or cleaned and are… Advice to Senior Management: Stop with the lead by intimidation leadership style No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Love/Hate experience with the company

Steward (Former Employee)
    Guilford, CT

I worked at American Cruise Lines full-time for less than a year

Pros: -While working with ACL you get to meet incredible people! Your coworkers/managers become your family… Cons: -They tell you that you get to explore all of these places, which is true and all but with working 14-16 hours a day, 7… Advice to Senior Management: - Start treating your Stewards/Deckhands like adults! - Show more respect… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on American Cruise Lines.

Worked for American Cruise Lines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Cruise Lines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Cruise Lines CEO . All reviews posted anonymously by American Cruise Lines employees.