American Cruise Lines
www.americancruiselines.com Guilford, CT 150 to 499 Employees

Great College Summer Job.

Deckhand (Current Employee)
New York, NY

ProsSpent a summer earning money, almost no expenses (the company pays room and board). The crew are mostly young people doing the same thing for a summer during college and everyone is really friendly. Most managers are just starting out the hospitality industry. They are a nice network of people to know and offer to help later on.

ConsYou have to buy your uniform in the beginning... sort of a bad first impression. You always have to be willing to work very long and unusual hours. To me it is part of the adventure, but some people needed to adjust to it, and others just didnt like it.

Company DOES NOT care about its employees

Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee)
    Guilford, CT

I have been working at American Cruise Lines full-time for less than a year

Pros: The only Pros to this company is that you get to travel and see the world without paying for it. Of course meeting new people… Cons: Long hours with no appreciation from upper management. The expectations and little to no breaks… Advice to Senior Management: Show appreciation and work out more break times and more pay. You never know if you are doing anything correct unless home office comes on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

NOT UP TO YOUR POTENTIAL, THIS COMPANY IS BENEATH YOU, DECEPTIVE, IMMORAL, UNETHICAL, GREEDY,

Steward (Former Employee)
    Guilford, CT

I worked at American Cruise Lines full-time for less than a year

Pros: NONE, NONE AT ALL. MONEY WITH THE PRICE OF LOSING… Cons: I knew I should've ran away when I first saw how many more bad reviews than good reviews. But that didn't stop me. I knew… Advice to Senior Management: WHAT GOOD WOULD THAT DO? THEY BELONG TO A COMPANY… More
There are newer reviews on American Cruise Lines.

Worked for American Cruise Lines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Cruise Lines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Cruise Lines CEO . All reviews posted anonymously by American Cruise Lines employees.