American Crystal Sugar
www.crystalsugar.com Moorhead, MN 1000 to 5000 Employees

Used to be a good company to work for

Moorhead, MN

ProsWas a strong company with a good corporate and worker relationship. Had good pay and benefits.

ConsAfter a record profit year the company locked out its Union employees after the union refuse to sign a new contract that stripped the union of its rights, and raised the employees health care cost to the point that the average employee was getting a pay cut. The company is now not profitable, but the CEO refuses to admit he had a mistake and negotiate with the Union.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf the current management had done a better job of enforcing the work place rules that were all ready in place, they won't have felt the need to break the Union. Admit you were wrong to lock out the Union and negotiate a fair contract, before it is too late for the company to recover.

Called names by CEO (tumors) after working there for 33 years and now locked out after years of outstanding growth.

Warehouse (Current Employee)
    East Grand Forks, MN

I have been working at American Crystal Sugar full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: A good pay and benifits as long as the contract… Cons: Only people getting hurt are Farmers and Locked out Workers. Advice to Senior Management: END THE LOCKOUT. What you are doing to the community and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Locked out worker due to company not negotiating.

Process Operator (Former Employee)
    East Grand Forks, MN

I worked at American Crystal Sugar

Pros: Decent pay and health insurance. Had an opportunity to… Cons: Currently locked out because the company won't negotiate with the unions. The schedule… Advice to Senior Management: Negotiate a fair contract with the union workers so we… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on American Crystal Sugar.

Worked for American Crystal Sugar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Crystal Sugar reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Crystal Sugar CEO David Berg. All reviews posted anonymously by American Crystal Sugar employees.