Great company-little or no room for growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wakefield, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

I worked at American Dental Partners for more than 3 years

Pros

I loved my job, the people I worked with, and how much I had the opportunity to learn-helped me to grow professionally.

Cons

Little or no room for growth-seems almost impossible to grow with the company
Low salary
Benefits could be better-no tuition reimbursement program

Take the time to review your compensation/benefits/training programs for employees-you have alot of young talent with alot of opportunity that would love to grow with the company.

Other Reviews for American Dental Partners

The most awful, disrespecful, miserable group of people I've ever worked with.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at American Dental Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some flexibility with work/life balance.

Cons

Staff is disrespectful to each other, no team work, and are absolutely miserable on a daily basis. Office is a cubical environment so it's very difficult to avoid all the negativity. Management chooses to ignore and accept this environment which causes new employees to leave within a year. There have been no raises here in over 5 years which has added fuel to the fire.

Although tenure of staff is normally good, it is detrimental here. All the negativity comes from people who have been here 10+ years. Staff is against process improvement, helping each other out, or even willing to listen to others' opinions, so management allows them to run the show. Then if one of these people actually leaves, we hire them back! People who have worked for other companies and have great ideas will never be heard due to this structure and environment.

A lot of work for little pay!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at American Dental Partners

Pros

Exposure to a lot of areas in accounting including closing the books, reviewing & distributing financial statements, planning and the opportunity to work with senior management.

Cons

The environment is very stressful the employees' hard work is rarely recognized. The salaries are mediocre and raises have not been given for many years. There is a poor work life balance. The staff is expected to work a lot of long hours including many nights and weekends. Employee morale is really low and the turnover rate is really high. There is no opportunity for advancement because promotions are rare. This is a dead end job. If you're looking for a successful career, ADP is not the place to find it.

Pay the employees competitive wages, promote from within instead of always bringing in someone from outside, automate manual processes, be more flexible & respect that the employees have families by not demanding such long hours.

There are newer employer reviews for American Dental Partners.

Worked for American Dental Partners? Contribute to the Community!