American Dental Partners

There are newer employer reviews for American Dental Partners

Great Company in theory, Poor Employee retention and recongnition of staff

Current Employee - Manager in Wakefield, MA
Current Employee - Manager in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at American Dental Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The core values and five dysfunctions are great in theory, the company just doenst always seem to follow them, A lot of interaction with Senior Management, overall, if the employee retention and benefits package were better, this place hires great people, for some time, they are some great people that work here.

Cons

The lose the great people they hire fast, no employee recogonition, extremely poor pay scale (if you take a pay cut thinking you will get back up to where you were, dont do it, it takes forever), takes too long to move up and be recognized, this company runs way to lean with staffing, always pushing for more production, but they just dont hire the staff to assist, push staff to the limits, and when they deliver they do not get rewarded, if you are looking to be recognized quickly, this is not the company for you, the senior management team moves very slow with making decisions, which in turn makes them lose the good employees, this company spends more time getting new people up to speed, and when they are there, the new best of the best people are now our accepting new jobs, it takes way to long to get moving because they keep losing these people. some people have gone 5 years with no raises.

Look at your compensation packages, tuition reimbursement, Focus more closely on keeping the core staff that are supporting all of these practices, proactively give the staff bonuses and financial rewards, this still is the driving force for employees. Pro actively retain the best of the best staff and not try to figure out how to get them to stay when they have already gotton other opportunities.

35 Other Employee Reviews for American Dental Partners (View Most Recent)

Poor work environment due to lower/local mgmt out of control. Mission statement of "Core Values" is a joke.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Titusville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Titusville, FL

I have been working at American Dental Partners part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job and a paycheck if you need one.

Cons

Very poor oversight by upper mgmt. Local managers are left to do whatever they deem justifiable to boost production. Employees are constantly pushed to exceed last month production. No praise, no raise. Intimidation and fear of being fired is always present. I worked for a different company when American Dental Partner came into the picture. The CEO's introduction speech was sobering. Among other subjects we were told that no matter how long you had been with the previous company "Loyalty" was unimportant. Results a.k.a "Numbers" would be the deciding factor that would shape your future with the company and trust me they mean it.
    I finally decided to walk away from this company as I can not give my professional support to any business that tolerates very bad management for the sake of profit. I can not recommend this company to anybody who has high work ethics. Stay away.

Take charge of your lower/local mgmt. they are out of control. Daily cover ups are common. You may want to to follow up on employees that leave. I venture to say you will be very surprised why people decide to look for work somewhere else. That is if you do care about the "Core Values" you so proudly emphasize in your mission statement.

Don't do it

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Wakefield, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at American Dental Partners (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are none. If you are smart, you will hate waking up to go to this place.

Cons

You will stay idle for your entire time there.. Don't do it.

“Core Values” do not exist, take down the foolish signs. Treat people right.. Open your eyes and really look around at your workforce.. Come on… Wake up.

There are newer employer reviews for American Dental Partners