American Dental Partners

Just Do It

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at American Dental Partners full-time

Pros

Strong core valued organization, patient centered long-term business model, opportunities await for those willing to step up, investing in future with DeNovos, technology, Healthy Organization, training and people. Partnership model with dental groups is what separates this Company from its peers.

Cons

Guilt by association with others in the industry, decentralized structure that allows for confusion, misunderstanding and lack of trust. Not yet a fully performance driven culture. Changes in doctor leadership can present challenges

The true measuere of success comes from when times are tough. Bumps in the road will happen, persistence will pay off.

35 Other Employee Reviews for American Dental Partners (View Most Recent)

Prepare to be on the BIGGEST rollercoaster ride ever!!!!!!!!

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at American Dental Partners full-time

Pros

There are some great hard working staff in the lower levels of the organization that want to do the right thing.

Cons

If your unlucky enough to be chosen through the Gauntlet of hiring process be prepared for a ride. (I interview with everyone in senior mgmt. and the process took over 6 months) I was chosen only to find out the HR department at the time had no processes and training in place for new employees. Even the smallest polices like Company Holidays are not consistent from location to location. That should have been my first clue.... Once hired I worked closely with senior staff for my many years with the company. The senior management preaches core values, however they don't follow them. They put on a great front to cover there own flaws!!!
    The turn-over in the corporate office changed over three times in my years with the company. However, none of the senior leadership had changed during that time!! Humm, I wonder why?? Why is senior leadership able to work from another state and employees are required to work within the corp. office??? I could go on and on but on closing. If you EXPECT any type of raise or compensation increase they only give them to you the first year to keep you happy and then NOTHING after!!! ASK any employee before you start there and they will tell you...

To JLL, You really should have cleaned house when you acquired American Dental Partners. The senior management are the real issue with the company not advancing. There are many people within the Dental industry that can run this company verses what you have today.
    Get rid of the good-ol-boy group and hire professionals. You have to ask yourself how are they working out spending your $20M on the new practices???? What does your return look like these days? It's not the employees in the trenches that are the issue its your senior leadership.

Wonderful Company

I have been working at American Dental Partners full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Value-centric organization, company has grown a lot spawning professional growth opportunities for its employees, weathered the economic crisis without any layoffs or reduction in benefits, invests in its people through it various training programs and Leadership Institute, has invested in practice techology such as EDR, digital xray and intraoral cameras

Cons

People who are self-centered and that don't buy in to the culture and values are allowed to linger too long

Keep on doing what you are doing.

There are newer employer reviews for American Dental Partners