American Diabetes Association
www.diabetes.org Alexandria, VA 500 to 999 Employees

There are many caring and professional individuals which mostly compensates for mediocre pay.

Alexandria, VA

ProsImportant mission, good people, great CEO in Larry Hausner, exciting developments in mission-oriented efforts, and a field that is expanding (unfortunately) due to the prevalence of diabetes. The benefits are amazing too.

ConsThe pay is a major con. Although higher level professionals may earn more, entry-level salaries are on the low end.

Advice to Senior Management"You get what you pay for." If upper level management wishes to retain skilled and capable employees, they should pay entry level staff adequately.

Poor work experience

I worked at American Diabetes Association full-time for more than a year

Pros: Learned about non-profits, met great people and learned about a… Cons: Managers didn't listen to concerns you had, micro managers, close minded, not innovative. Locals called the local office and asked for resources and there… Advice to Senior Management: They are poor leaders, they were promoted very quickly and didn't learn positive management skills,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Professional Atmosphere and great opportunities

I worked at American Diabetes Association as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Staff members are professional and courteous. Beautiful building. Great opportunity… Cons: No cons of this company Advice to Senior Management: Upper management was very attentive to all staff members Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on American Diabetes Association.

Worked for American Diabetes Association? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Diabetes Association reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Diabetes Association CEO Larry Hausner. All reviews posted anonymously by American Diabetes Association employees.