There are newer employer reviews for American Diabetes Association

Great time.

Former Employee - Camp Counselor  in  Champaign, IL
Former Employee - Camp Counselor in Champaign, IL

I worked at American Diabetes Association part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with. Great purpose in the company. People ready to help a good cause. I would recommend this company.

Cons

I can not say anything bad about the company. I would have liked to have worked for the company more than seasonal.

52 Other Employee Reviews for American Diabetes Association (View Most Recent)

There are many caring and professional individuals which mostly compensates for mediocre pay.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I worked at American Diabetes Association full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Important mission, good people, great CEO in Larry Hausner, exciting developments in mission-oriented efforts, and a field that is expanding (unfortunately) due to the prevalence of diabetes. The benefits are amazing too.

Cons

The pay is a major con. Although higher level professionals may earn more, entry-level salaries are on the low end.

"You get what you pay for." If upper level management wishes to retain skilled and capable employees, they should pay entry level staff adequately.

Poor work experience

I worked at American Diabetes Association full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learned about non-profits, met great people and learned about a huge problem in our country.

Cons

Managers didn't listen to concerns you had, micro managers, close minded, not innovative. Locals called the local office and asked for resources and there were none to give them. I was told to transfer them to the national office, where half the time they transferred them back to me.

They are poor leaders, they were promoted very quickly and didn't learn positive management skills, and thus did not know how to manage teams. My supervisor's turnover percentage was very high.

There are newer employer reviews for American Diabetes Association

Worked for American Diabetes Association? Contribute to the Community!