There are newer employer reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Decent Company

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Lynnwood, WA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lynnwood, WA

I worked at American Eagle Outfitters part-time for less than a year

Pros

- Flexible hours
- Friendly staff
- 40% off discount

Cons

- Long hours
- Management did not communicate with each other

952 Other Employee Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters (View Most Recent)

OK

Current Employee - Merchandise Manager  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Merchandise Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is good, if you push for a high salary. The pay for some positions ranges greatly.

Cons

Policy is all over the place, things are always changing. The discount is good, but the policy is very confusing. People in the company get fired for violating policies that are unclear.

Make everything clear!

Great place to work

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at American Eagle Outfitters part-time for more than a year

Pros

i worked at two different locations (one in Albany, Ga the other in Atlantic Station in Atlanta, Ga) in both location there were friendly coworkers, it became like a small family. opportunities for advancement within the store and the company are amazing, every season a booklet was published and offered sales associates the opportunity to intern or work at the corporate office. belief in hiring from within was another big pro AE, there were bulletins posted with job opportunities around the country and at the HQ. stressed knowledge of merchandise was a big plus for me, in the booklet released seasonally was information about the merchandise available, pointers for selling it, and various ways to style it as well. the discount is an obvious plus, this was done to promote personal knowledge of the merchandise and varied depending on the items. for example when i worked there the company was transitioning into making their denim a major selling point so there were large discounts on denim at the beginning of every season (not to mention there were raffles and scratch offs for free denim and other merchandise).

also i would like to mention briefly my situation when i was working there. i wrote an essay on my job poison (i typically worked in the front doing sales, greeting, and merchandising). my store manager was so impressed she sent it to the district and area managers. both came to meet with me and told me if i wanted they would personally recommend me to get an internship at the HQ! both managers were very interested in problems (and successes) of the sales associate and would often speak to me and ask for advice on areas to improve and maintain. that goes to show that they were concerned about not only their profitability, but also their employees.

Cons

hours could suck depending on your store. i started off in a small store (at the time it was the only remaining closet store, or railroad style, left in the entire company. because of this we had a lower requirement for staff. i was stellar at my job, so i often received the most hours (i remember one time i worked almost as much as a manger one week). not the most competitive pay, i interviewed at a competitor and was offered a good amount more hourly than they were paying, but i stayed with the company instead.

There are newer employer reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Worked for American Eagle Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!