American Eagle Outfitters

www.ae.com
  www.ae.com
There are newer employer reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

I love working at AE! I definitely want to go corporate with AE!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chandler, AZ
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The way they treat their employees is fantastic! I hear great stories about how great going corporate is. We have an excellent team of people. From the clothes to the customers to learning how to outfit people, I love every single bit of it and would change nothing!

Cons

there are not any con's to working here :)

keep up the great work :)

1068 Other Employee Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters (View Most Recent)

Anonymous review from former employee

Current Employee - Keyholder in Waco, TX
    Current Employee - Keyholder in Waco, TX

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters full-time (more than an year)

Pros

fun job to do with friends or while in school

Cons

over worked and under appreciated

Terrible lack of hours. Cannot be relied on as a real part-time job.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters part-time (more than an year)

Pros

40% Employee Discount, 50% for the new items, Lots of fun contests where you win prizes. Nice co-workers (I love everyone I work with!)
    It prepares you for other retail jobs that require selling credit cars, rewards cards, etc.

Cons

The BIGGEST con among many cons is the hours.. or the lack of them. There are times where most employees won't get more than 3 hours a week.. It's ridiculous! You're lucky if you get more than 3 or 4 hors a week. Quite frankly, 3 hours a week is an insult. They'll often times unschedule for a few weeks more than half the employees because "business is slow". They are constantly hiring new people and scheduling only favorites. Everytime I've worked there I'm always meeting a new employee.. that's a problem especially when they are so limited on hours. I was forced to find a second job as a result. Don't expect more than a $30 "paycheck."
    Unrealistic expectations -- they are so focused with everyone getting credit cards, rewards, or emails sometimes it makes you feel incompetent when you don't meet they're unrealistic goals of getting 100% email meaning everyone you ring up HAS to give you an email adress. Not everyone wants to give out their freaking email address!

PLEASE schedule your employees so they can learn and grow within the company. I've seen some of the best sellng employees quit at my store because of the severe lack of hours because you're so focused on saving the company money. It's greedy and selfish and nobody that works for you should have to suffer because of what you think makes you look better to the district manager.

There are newer employer reviews for American Eagle Outfitters