American Eagle Outfitters
www.ae.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

Amazing company with extremely high expectations.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAmerican Eagle really does believe in promoting from within, and will always look for a candidate from within the company first.
Amazing workplace culture, and generally competent management.
A wonderful discount, no actual requirement to wear the brand, and a general friendliness towards any body modification.

ConsCorporate management ranges from being extremely kind and more than willing to work with a store on its issues, to overbearing, condescending, and rude.
A certain unwillingness to fire problem employees/managers seems present in many stores.
The expectations on the management team are extremely high, and yet many weeks we are instructed to have 0 hours of overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery store is different, with a different customer base as well. What works in 4 stores may not work in a 5th, so be more open to management suggestions. Chances are that they know the customer base in the area better than you would.

Enormous emphasis on customer standards

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at American Eagle Outfitters

Pros: -Best customer service of any retailer -Employee benefits are stellar once… Cons: -Payrates are not competitive with other retailers on an associate or lead level -Promotions… Advice to Senior Management: -Give incentives for promotions and hard work that actually improve the quality of life -lessen… More

Fashionably busy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at American Eagle Outfitters part-time

Pros: Employee discounts as well as good hours Cons: Goal cards Hard getting credit cards Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on American Eagle Outfitters.

Worked for American Eagle Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Eagle Outfitters reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Eagle Outfitters CEO Robert Hanson. All reviews posted anonymously by American Eagle Outfitters employees.