American Eagle Outfitters

There are newer employer reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Meh...

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Stock in Poughkeepsie, NY
Former Employee - Sales Associate/Stock in Poughkeepsie, NY

I worked at American Eagle Outfitters part-time (more than a year)

Pros

There is a decent employee discount. If you work with fun people, it's not so bad. Many of the customers are nice, and it's great when some of them become regulars and you can help them and they genuinely appreciate it.

Cons

Management (at my store, at least) was almost consistently awful- the managers were rude and condescending. The ridiculous videos you have to watch before your shift are awful. You MUST ask EVERY customer for their email, if they have a rewards card, and if they want to sign up for a credit card. Basically, you have to badger every customer, and if you don't, you get yelled at. If you request a day off, expect to get scheduled anyway. There is no consistency whatsoever in hours. Managers play favorites and give all the hours to them.

Hire better managers. Promote from within instead of hiring people who have no understanding of American Eagle Outfitters and how it works.

1160 Other Employee Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters (View Most Recent)

Not the best place to work.

Former Employee - Key Holder in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Key Holder in San Jose, CA

I worked at American Eagle Outfitters part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Discounts are very well and music.

Cons

Company doesn't appreciate employers or management.

Lovely coworkers(only associates). Horrible pay. Horrible Hours.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Canoga Park, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Canoga Park, CA

I worked at American Eagle Outfitters part-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you want to make pocket money you should work here. If you want to make a living, don't.

Cons

Low pay = minimum wage.
    Crappy hours... I got a lot of hours, but they're crappy hours.. Floorset nights? prepare to stay behind until 6am. maybe more.
    Managers constantly hire new associates, even when there's already a great team of associates working(the best workers are under-appreciated).

Stop hiring people. Stop treating associates like babies. Let us learn from our mistakes. Don't place us in every possible position. FIND OUT WHAT WE'RE GOOD AT.. AND DON'T FORCE US TO DO SOMETHING THAT WE CAN'T NATURALLY DO. Company standards "BE REAL" I'm not gonna say How are you to every customer. I'm gonna personalize it. and do it MY WAY. ie: "Hey man how's it going today?" "Dude what's up? Can I help you find something?" "Hey ladies, what's up?" "Hello m'am how are you doing on this lovely day?"

There are newer employer reviews for American Eagle Outfitters