American Eagle Outfitters
www.ae.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

Meh...

Sales Associate/Stock (Former Employee)
Poughkeepsie, NY

I worked at American Eagle Outfitters part-time for more than a year

ProsThere is a decent employee discount. If you work with fun people, it's not so bad. Many of the customers are nice, and it's great when some of them become regulars and you can help them and they genuinely appreciate it.

ConsManagement (at my store, at least) was almost consistently awful- the managers were rude and condescending. The ridiculous videos you have to watch before your shift are awful. You MUST ask EVERY customer for their email, if they have a rewards card, and if they want to sign up for a credit card. Basically, you have to badger every customer, and if you don't, you get yelled at. If you request a day off, expect to get scheduled anyway. There is no consistency whatsoever in hours. Managers play favorites and give all the hours to them.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better managers. Promote from within instead of hiring people who have no understanding of American Eagle Outfitters and how it works.

Not the best place to work.

Key Holder (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

I worked at American Eagle Outfitters part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Discounts are very well and music. Cons: Company doesn't appreciate employers or management. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Lovely coworkers(only associates). Horrible pay. Horrible Hours.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Canoga Park, CA

I worked at American Eagle Outfitters part-time for more than a year

Pros: If you want to make pocket money you should work… Cons: Low pay = minimum wage. Crappy hours... I got a lot of hours, but they're crappy hours.. Floorset nights? prepare to stay behind… Advice to Senior Management: Stop hiring people. Stop treating associates like babies. Let us learn from our mistakes. Don't place us in every possible position. FIND OUT WHAT WE'RE… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on American Eagle Outfitters.

Worked for American Eagle Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Eagle Outfitters reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Eagle Outfitters CEO Robert Hanson. All reviews posted anonymously by American Eagle Outfitters employees.