First Job

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very nice employee discounts. 40% is the original discount, but sometimes new selected items can be 60% off in the start of a new season. In the beginning of the holiday season there is a very nice clothes selection you could chose to 'equip' yourself with, for example this year I got a chambray shirt for 10 dollars and jeans around 15-17 dollars each.

The AE team was also very nice and are patient with new employees.

Cons

The scheduling system was old-fashioned book keeping. Although it was my first job, I have a few friends who have computerized scheduling at their jobs, which seem to make things ten times easier. It was a hassle sometimes to call-in and have the managers either tell you the wrong time or forget to mention a schedule was actually a call-in. Also it's hard to get time off since you have to do it two weeks in advanced - it's your fault if you can't make a work day, and your job in finding a replacement for your time slot ,can be inconvenient at times.

Just do what they say.

Other Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Good Learning Experience

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

American Eagle Outfitters (AEO) trains their employees through short videos before every shift. They may be a bit cheesy, but they are very helpful and give those with little to no customer service experience suggestions on how to talk to customers.

There's plenty of room for advancement. AEO hires from within for positions such as Sales Leads and Assistant Store Mangers. Sometimes this requires moving stores, but many have been able to stay within 50 miles of their original store.

Casual environment which creates a friendly and informal relationship between employees. Slight annual raise and good employee discount.

Cons

Some of the customers, like any place in retail, can be awful, depending on location.

Dissappointing, Unorganized

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters part-time for less than a year

Pros

40% off Everything in store, great deal
    Free Items in Store Contests, again awesome
    Always Busy

Cons

Very Unorganized - Every week schedules are late
    Boring job
    Do not pay attention to days needed off

Get organized, clean up the back room, pay attention to when a day is requested off, happened twice in a row where I had to work and I requested off weeks in advance

There are newer employer reviews for American Eagle Outfitters.

Worked for American Eagle Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!