There are newer employer reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

First Job

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very nice employee discounts. 40% is the original discount, but sometimes new selected items can be 60% off in the start of a new season. In the beginning of the holiday season there is a very nice clothes selection you could chose to 'equip' yourself with, for example this year I got a chambray shirt for 10 dollars and jeans around 15-17 dollars each.

The AE team was also very nice and are patient with new employees.

Cons

The scheduling system was old-fashioned book keeping. Although it was my first job, I have a few friends who have computerized scheduling at their jobs, which seem to make things ten times easier. It was a hassle sometimes to call-in and have the managers either tell you the wrong time or forget to mention a schedule was actually a call-in. Also it's hard to get time off since you have to do it two weeks in advanced - it's your fault if you can't make a work day, and your job in finding a replacement for your time slot ,can be inconvenient at times.

Just do what they say.

1008 Other Employee Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters (View Most Recent)

management needs to step up

I worked at American Eagle Outfitters

Pros

discount was good although managers always made it seem like a hassle to ring out you items and many times they messed up my discount on items i should have gotten it on

Cons

company gave you 30 hours one week and then did not put you on for three weeks or more. was promised higher positions after the store dies down from the holidays and then they never brought it up again and when i asked bout it they continued to push it off.

Dissappointing, Unorganized

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters part-time (less than an year)

Pros

40% off Everything in store, great deal
    Free Items in Store Contests, again awesome
    Always Busy

Cons

Very Unorganized - Every week schedules are late
    Boring job
    Do not pay attention to days needed off

Get organized, clean up the back room, pay attention to when a day is requested off, happened twice in a row where I had to work and I requested off weeks in advance

There are newer employer reviews for American Eagle Outfitters