American Eagle Outfitters
www.ae.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

First Job

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsVery nice employee discounts. 40% is the original discount, but sometimes new selected items can be 60% off in the start of a new season. In the beginning of the holiday season there is a very nice clothes selection you could chose to 'equip' yourself with, for example this year I got a chambray shirt for 10 dollars and jeans around 15-17 dollars each.

The AE team was also very nice and are patient with new employees.

ConsThe scheduling system was old-fashioned book keeping. Although it was my first job, I have a few friends who have computerized scheduling at their jobs, which seem to make things ten times easier. It was a hassle sometimes to call-in and have the managers either tell you the wrong time or forget to mention a schedule was actually a call-in. Also it's hard to get time off since you have to do it two weeks in advanced - it's your fault if you can't make a work day, and your job in finding a replacement for your time slot ,can be inconvenient at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust do what they say.

Working here has been fun, but is very sales and loyalty oriented.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Cumming, GA

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters part-time for less than a year

Pros: Friendly and relaxed atmosphere, management, and coworkers 40%-60% discount!! Cons: FOLDING EVERYTHING AND HAVING TO WATCH IT BE DESTROYED!!! But… Advice to Senior Management: Hire fewer people and give the ones you have more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good Times at AEO

Production Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at American Eagle Outfitters as an intern for less than a year

Pros: The job allowed me to work with many different people across a variety of tasks.… Cons: Working with different supervisors was a bit difficult at times. There wasn't always something to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on American Eagle Outfitters.

Worked for American Eagle Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Eagle Outfitters reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Eagle Outfitters CEO Jay Schottenstein. All reviews posted anonymously by American Eagle Outfitters employees.