Executive Assistant

Former Employee - Executive Assistant  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at American Eagle Outfitters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome company to work for-- a lot of work hard, play hard people. Very creative atmosphere.

Cons

Little bit of trial and error; some tough senior management personalities.

Perhaps a bit more direction given to employees upon starting.

Other Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

First Job

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very nice employee discounts. 40% is the original discount, but sometimes new selected items can be 60% off in the start of a new season. In the beginning of the holiday season there is a very nice clothes selection you could chose to 'equip' yourself with, for example this year I got a chambray shirt for 10 dollars and jeans around 15-17 dollars each.

The AE team was also very nice and are patient with new employees.

Cons

The scheduling system was old-fashioned book keeping. Although it was my first job, I have a few friends who have computerized scheduling at their jobs, which seem to make things ten times easier. It was a hassle sometimes to call-in and have the managers either tell you the wrong time or forget to mention a schedule was actually a call-in. Also it's hard to get time off since you have to do it two weeks in advanced - it's your fault if you can't make a work day, and your job in finding a replacement for your time slot ,can be inconvenient at times.

Just do what they say.

management needs to step up

I worked at American Eagle Outfitters

Pros

discount was good although managers always made it seem like a hassle to ring out you items and many times they messed up my discount on items i should have gotten it on

Cons

company gave you 30 hours one week and then did not put you on for three weeks or more. was promised higher positions after the store dies down from the holidays and then they never brought it up again and when i asked bout it they continued to push it off.

There are newer employer reviews for American Eagle Outfitters.

Worked for American Eagle Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!