American Eagle Outfitters

www.ae.com
  www.ae.com
There are newer employer reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Great place to work - smart people and rewarding experience

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters full-time (less than an year)

Pros

AEO has a good strategy for expansion. They are building a good team to execute that strategy. The people are very dedicated and the work environment enables the workforce to achieve the best results.

Cons

None that I can think of.

None

1073 Other Employee Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters (View Most Recent)

Amazing Work experience

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters full-time

Pros

Discount, Work-life Balance, People First Company, Advancement Opportunities

Cons

Typical Retail Hours, Sometimes 50+ Hour Work weeks

Nothing! Please Stay Focused On Being People First! This Is The First Company I Have Ever Worked For That Actually Values Their Employees And Retains Their Employees!

Fun environment, great opportunities

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is a lot of fun to work here because you are constantly meeting new people, and your coworkers are nice and fun to be around. I really like all of my managers and coming to work is a lot of fun. I was late the first two shifts I had to work and my manager was fine because I was able to call in beforehand. It is a very relaxed environment and the employee discount is great.

Cons

Your hours are based not on your sales ethics, but how many rewards and credit cards you get out. You can be extremely friendly and add on tons of clothes to raise the store's conversion, but if you can't sell the credit cards you get the worst hours. Some employees work 6 days a week and others work only one. Another thing that sucks? Call-in shifts. You have to call before you go in and sometimes they will tell you you don't need to come in, or sometimes they will tell you to come in and then will send you home early.

There are newer employer reviews for American Eagle Outfitters