American Eagle Outfitters
www.ae.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

Its poppin!

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters part-time for more than a year

ProsThe discount, the people, our store has FUNNNN. If you have fun, you will do your job effectively without feeling like you're there forever!

ConsIf you don't do your job, you won't get hours! But this is not a con... Favoritism, other people taking credit for sales if you're not vocal about what you do.... If you want to try to get promoted, you won't get noticed... Just sayin!

Advice to Senior ManagementActually pay attention to what the people do on the floor, Compliment us when we actually do something right or when we save the day (you know what I mean) When we go to other stores, I do not want the management to try to ask us about our store secrets or "how we like the company" That's petty. Have more room for upward mobility, if some of us are working hard, it is for a REASON!

Love my eagles!

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great clothing, good discounts (40-60% off), love my team, fun and hip environment, great repeat customers. When you're a manager you… Cons: It's very common to get 0-3 hours a week total as a sales associate. If you do not get credit card sign ups, you will… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work - smart people and rewarding experience

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters full-time for less than a year

Pros: AEO has a good strategy for expansion. They are building a good team to execute that strategy.… Cons: None that I can think of. Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on American Eagle Outfitters.

Worked for American Eagle Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Eagle Outfitters reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Eagle Outfitters CEO Robert Hanson. All reviews posted anonymously by American Eagle Outfitters employees.