Live Your Life & Love Your Job

Current Employee - Sales Lead & Keyholder
Current Employee - Sales Lead & Keyholder

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters

Pros

YOU HAVE TO WORK AT PLACES YOUR WANT TO WORK AT ! I choose to work at American Eagle Outfitters because I love everything they are about. The Brand, The Culture, & The Fashion. I decided on when I had my oreintation that i was going to be there for a long time, & I was no seasonal kid. I worked at 2 different stores in my district for the 2 years i have been here. One high volume with over 300 hrs a week and now at 208 hrs a week. store. I average 25-35 HOURS A WEEK at both. I SELL my ass off, I GET 20 - 30 Credit Cards a week, and I KISS ASS like there is no tommorrow. Which is why I am being promoted to Keyholder and I will be Assistant Manager by January. I came to American Eagle Outfitters with NO knowledge about selling, nor KPI's. I am 20-years-old and now look at me. SO STOP COMPLAINING. Maybe if you worked hard, you will be happy like me.

Cons

*Jealsouy ( getting alot of credit cards, sales, re-appearing customers asking for me) *Accusations ( stealing, drawers being short, ALL LIES) i would NEVER steal from the company "DONT YOU DO THAT, thats a no-no !" *Not Much of a Personal Life *Live Your Life At AE, Literally. --but i love it, ;]

Advice to Management

BE A LITTLE BIT MORE NICE & STRESS-FREE your ways are right since you are a $4 BILLION company. but, you do have employees complaining on things which should be fixed ! everyone wants to be happy. HAPPY EMPLOYEES means HIGHER SAME-STORE SALES from last year

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Fast-paced and stressful...I love it!

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters

Pros

It's a tough company to work for, but senior mgmt is supportive and it can be rewarding. It's hard work, but you are definitely rewarded and compensated for your efforts.

Cons

Long hours, 0 downtime. When I'm in my store I'm moving! There are always 9 hours worth of things to complete in 8 hours. Plus helping customers (on top of floor adjustments, visual standards, audits, cleaning, etc.)

Advice to Management

As a store manager, I receive lots of face time with DM's and peers on visits, meetings, etc. I wish there was that big a focus on the assistant level as well. They need the feedback and connection just as much as we do (if not more). I really thinkthis could help with the turn % in this area.

Not Recommended As an Employer

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters

Pros

A 40% discount on all items, 25% discount on sale items is nice. Good interaction with customers when working on the sales floor.

Cons

As a summer higher, the managers I spoke to told me they were very impressed with my previous experience. I was told that they were looking into starting me at a higher wage than the usual minimum wage. I was also told I would be able to expect 15-30 hours per week. None of that proved to be true. I was started at minimum wage. After my initial training session, I received zero hours the following week. For the next two weeks I was given four hours per week. This continued for the entire summer. The managers here also do not allow anyone to take their 10 minute breaks. The only time I have ever received my 30 min lunch break was during an overnight floor set. I have asked several times to take my assigned 10 minute breaks, but am always either told that it is not a good time (even when the store is empty) or that I need to come back immediately after I am done buying a drink. These guys will work you to death for minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Just give the employees our breaks. We work for 8 hours on our feet at a time, is sitting down for 10 minutes really asking for too much? Stop with the empty promises. All they have done is make me lose all respect for my managers.