There are newer employer reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Best part-time job I've ever had as a Sales Associate.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Danbury, CT
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Danbury, CT

I worked at American Eagle Outfitters part-time for less than a year

Pros

They have an amazing employee discount, the hours were flexible, and the team I got to work with gave me great opportunities! They clearly value their sales associates and the time they spend working in the store.

Cons

Shifts were long and customers could be overbearing at times, but management was there every step of the way to help and make sure that things were running smoothly.

Management was understanding and flexible. Make sure to keep hiring passionate young sales people with bright personalities and excellent customer service! They'll need it!

952 Other Employee Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters (View Most Recent)

Left more to be desired.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at American Eagle Outfitters part-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working with my co-workers. They were all very helpful and we all got along really well. In the end, they were the only reason why I was going to keep my job there.

Cons

I got scheduled once in three weeks. I don't have a car with me this semester, and I rely on friends and public transportation. Whenever I was scheduled, they put me on at times that it was absolutely impossible for me to get a ride there unless I walked. They also cancelled my shifts without telling me beforehand, so I found a way to work and then had to turn back around.

Try to schedule people fairly. I had years of retail experience and great references, but I was only scheduled after everyone else had received "prime" hours despite transportation restraints.

Horrible culture with fake people

Former Employee - Merchandise Planner  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Merchandise Planner in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at American Eagle Outfitters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent salary and great for networking

Cons

Fake people, lots of drama, everyone hooks up with everyone, people try to put you down so they can get ahead, zero HR support

There are newer employer reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Worked for American Eagle Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!