There are newer employer reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

Best part-time job I've ever had as a Sales Associate.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Danbury, CT
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Danbury, CT

I worked at American Eagle Outfitters part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have an amazing employee discount, the hours were flexible, and the team I got to work with gave me great opportunities! They clearly value their sales associates and the time they spend working in the store.

Cons

Shifts were long and customers could be overbearing at times, but management was there every step of the way to help and make sure that things were running smoothly.

Advice to Management

Management was understanding and flexible. Make sure to keep hiring passionate young sales people with bright personalities and excellent customer service! They'll need it!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Company

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Growth opportunities, fast-paced work day, awesome co workers, great discount, amazing loyal customers

Cons

Too many tasks not enough time. Silly and frequent promo changes, unproductive tasks assigned from corporate

Advice to Management

Use Customer First standards to the fullest by finding better alternatives to unproductive tasks like window changes that take ten hours, or promo changes that confuse the customer. Develop a better communication system like company wide email, establish a mgmt training SOP.

2. Left more to be desired.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at American Eagle Outfitters part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working with my co-workers. They were all very helpful and we all got along really well. In the end, they were the only reason why I was going to keep my job there.

Cons

I got scheduled once in three weeks. I don't have a car with me this semester, and I rely on friends and public transportation. Whenever I was scheduled, they put me on at times that it was absolutely impossible for me to get a ride there unless I walked. They also cancelled my shifts without telling me beforehand, so I found a way to work and then had to turn back around.

Advice to Management

Try to schedule people fairly. I had years of retail experience and great references, but I was only scheduled after everyone else had received "prime" hours despite transportation restraints.