American Equity Mortgage

There are newer employer reviews for American Equity Mortgage

Loan Officer

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Maryland Heights, MO
Current Employee - Loan Officer in Maryland Heights, MO

I have been working at American Equity Mortgage full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good location, nice hours, friendly staff

Cons

Business and clientele was weak, little business, little pay

46 Other Employee Reviews for American Equity Mortgage (View Most Recent)

day to day grind

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at American Equity Mortgage

Pros

great training, development and opportunity

Cons

day to day grind, lots of cold calling

treat employees with respect

My experience with American Equity Mortgage can be described as rewarding from both a professional and personal level.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at American Equity Mortgage

Pros

The Pros at American Equity are as follows: You have a team of highly knowledgable and professional colleagues at all levels of the organization that are highly motivated to the success of each employee from top to bottom. We pride ourselves to dedicating time, marketing, and the latest technological resources that will provide all the necessary tools for success. The company's success is directly related to the success of all branches and even more specifically the success of each individual consultant in which the company employs. We provide hours of training prior to passing required state and national exams as well as continued education at our corporate facility coupled with constant support at the branch level from managers and senior consultants. From a monetary standpoint, there is an hourly wage that compensates you for the hours you work at the company along with additional compensation based on individual monthly performance results. Senior management is always appreciative of our sales efforts and continually incentivizes individuals and branch managers with contests to win free prizes. Recognition of top performers within individual regions are a monthly tradition in which you will be recognized on a conference call in front of the whole company and rewarded with a personalized plaque . From top to bottom, there isnt a more supportive mortgage company personally and professionally than American Equity Mortgage.

Cons

The Cons of working at American Equity Mortgage are as follows: The only really Con (if that is even the right word) is that American Equity Mortgage is a highly competitive organization in which we are successful and will not accept anything less than that. As such, the experience at American Equity Mortgage will be challenging in the respect that the demands of being successful will be managed accordingly. Employees are expected to be professional, intelligent, and highly motivated individuals. We are given individual sales goals in which we are expected to meet and encouraged to surpass. The expectations are by no means unrealistic but are very constant. In essense, we are managed to meet sales goals that will ultimately generate more revenue for the organization as well as the consultant. In that respect, the job is very rewarding because the more people you are able to help on a monthly basis will not only change peoples lives for the better financially but simultaneously make more money for the consultant.

There are newer employer reviews for American Equity Mortgage