American Express

www.americanexpress.com

Great company if you can put up with the corporate b.s.

Vice President (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat premium brand; smart focus on "big bets"; generally treats employees with respect; reasonable salary (not great, but work/life balance better than most companies); reasonable career pathing opportunities (hampered in recent years by recession).

ConsTends to have "flavor of the month" hot projects, most of which don't pan out and disappear quietly; values "innovation" over leveraging best practices in the marketplace... you get way more credit for inventing something, even if it is never executed, than you do for making smart business decisions; consensus driven decision-making makes it hard to drive the business and demotivates smart people who end up entertaining fools all day; soft on low performers; moving most folks to work in "first come, first served" cubicles that strips away all personalization of work area.

Great Company - Great People

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at American Express

Pros: The company is dedicated to its people and promotes from within Great… Cons: Health benefits offered are not very good, especially when compared… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A great place to work!

Director (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I worked at American Express

Pros: The people are great to work with! Cons: It is a very homogenous company Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on American Express.

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!