Great place to work

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Business Development Executive in London, England (UK)

I have been working at American Express full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work life balance, flexible in terms of being allowed to work from

Cons

Tedious in house processes, backwards IT and very slow moving

Other Employee Reviews for American Express

1. An OUTSTANDING place to work!

Current Employee - Customer Care Professional
    Current Employee - Customer Care Professional

I have been working at American Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

American Express has a awesome Work/Home balance, offers great pay, has plenty of opportunity to advance and offers their employees great benefits.

Cons

They are very firm, there are a lot changes daily to policies and procedures, although there are a lot of opportunities to advance from within the average employee tenure is very high which means newer employees have a lot of competition.

Advice to Management

None

Horrible place to work H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E

Former Employee - Home Based Customer Care Professional
    Former Employee - Home Based Customer Care Professional

I worked at American Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work at Home Insurance Co-Workers Diversity They also supply the hardware for your job

Cons

Please don't even apply for the AT Home position. I left my job of 5 years for this job, and I still regret it. This company lies to its employees constantly, they dont give you all the information about the position. But in training after you have sent in your two weeks notice to your employer for American Express they tell you "Oh yeah by the way – more... you need to finish these 10 transactions the customer ask of you in 3 minutes." Really if you had told me that I wouldn't have resigned from my job . I asked the interviewer numerous times why was I in training for 3 months she said "Oh just so we can make sure you know the product." They have all these rules on how they can fire you. Call avoidance, Taking too long on a call, System Issues, Transferring, being in auxillary mode and Surveys. Let me just talk about surveys for a second. They will hold you accountable even if it's something that is totally unreasonable and out of even their own company policy and the customer complains in a survey about it. This company is run by a bunch of idiots.Then they have micro managers on the phone that will hold you accountable for what the past rep did to the customer and when you try to fix it for them, management tells you , you were on the phone too long. We asked our trainer what the success rate was for graduating training we were lied to and told he only got rid of 1 person all the time he has been training . While I was in training 3 people were fired just in my training class.They also put a Webcam in your house during training .STAY AWAY!

Advice to Management

They have incompetent Trainers.