American Express

www.americanexpress.com

Great company, strong focus on employee development

Project Manager (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsHigh focus on employee development with good review and goal structure that ensures everyone in the company wants to grow and develop themselves as well as grow their colleagues. Ability to move jobs every 18 months, this is highly encouraged and happens easily through networking, recommendations and formal job applications. Large enough company to enable various experiences in different business units, different functions as well as different level (i.e. central vs. local).

ConsSomewhat slow processes, due to the fact that it is an old and large company in a field highly regulated and requiring high data protection. New products, projects, ideas can take a very long time to be approved. Mentalities are also sometimes difficult to change because people tend to stay in the company for a very long time and are therefore less keen on changing the way they work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the focus on employee development high while pushing people to be more empowered to do what they think is right, removing some barriers for implementing new ideas and trusting people with different thinking.

Amazing, really smart people.

I have been working at American Express full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Really smart people almost everyone has a graduate degreee Autonomy with large scale… Cons: regulatory environment has made it difficult to get things done quickly duplication… Advice to Senior Management: optimize the organization Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Manager Business Develpment - Merchant Acquisition

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at American Express full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Tons of company support, amazing brand, virtual position Cons: must be able to sell a premium product Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on American Express.

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!