American Express

www.americanexpress.com

1910 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Average not very satisfied with senior management

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Project Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

work life balance is good

Cons

Leadership positions need to be reevaluated

Please check who you have there as people leaders

Other reviews for American Express

I prefer being in jail over working here again.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Great benefits and ok pay. I loved the cafeteria. The people who worked there were super friendly and nice. Amazing training. I knew what I was dong on the phones and it gave me confidence when I talked to customers. The equipment and office tools were amazing. I loved my office space they gave me.

Cons

If you don't like being micro managed about every little thing you do, don't work here. This job knew when you were going to the bathroom and if you didn't get back on the phones in time, a ton of managers would harass you about it.

This company is all about politics, drove me crazy. I worked customer service which is amazing for the customer but the employees are all under appreciated and burnt out and management doesn't care. They also have a meeting were you sit and listen to your calls in a room with the area president and your manager and his manager of the company, can we say stressful job people! If they weren't so strict about the time you spent there and would actually get to know the employees and not treat them like robots, it would have been better. The schedules were a joke, basically the people who would kiss upper managements butts got promoted and got the schedules they wanted. It wasn't the most skilled employees like they say when they hire you. I hear other departments in the company are better but this department is horrible and all about who is friends with the boss.

Get a life and stop sucking up to your boss above you. Fake and non genuine robots is what I think of the customer service managers at AMEX. Unless someone from upper management is around they don't care about you. Take care of the people below you and stop sucking up to your boss all the time in front of us. Management there is very selfish and all about advancing in their careers, they don't care like they say do and its a problem.

American Express

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Get to work with very bright, well-educated people from various walks of life. There are always opportunities to learn and the company attempts to disseminate the most current approaches and practices to management throughout the organization.

Cons

It has become much more difficult over the years as a people leader to reward and / or recognize employees.

As an entrepreneur, I would do everything possible to increase revenues and lower non-operating costs before I would ever lose a high performing, long tenured and loyal employee.

There are newer employer reviews for American Express.

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!