American Express

www.americanexpress.com

While working for American Express I have felt cared for, but limited in my ability to use my talents.

Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsMany people are nice. The facility is well taken care of and the food is satisfactory. They host regular opportunities for you to network with other employees.

ConsWork life balance is challenging, with many projects consuming lots of time. Technology is lacking (specifically, the computers and desks are less than ideal).

Advice to Senior ManagementRather than just talking about career opportunities, try to really stretch your people and ask what they are passionate about. Some of them are dissatisfied with the work you hvae assigned them.

Loyalty and experience doesn't mean anything

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at American Express full-time

Pros: Great pay, friendly people, onsite health care, fitness center and… Cons: won't rehire after they laid you off even when you… Advice to Senior Management: When you lay off a good employee the least you can do is rehire them for the same position they had for the last several… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Sold on the lie of caring for every employee when hired

CCP'S (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I worked at American Express full-time for more than a year

Pros: The starting pay is better then most call center jobs.… Cons: Lack of caring for the individual, only numbers. I was let go for receiving a injury caused by the basic functions of the job because… Advice to Senior Management: I've heard of upper management, but ever met them in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on American Express.

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!