1936 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Business Development

Current Employee - Senior Manager - Business Development  in  Sydney (Australia)
Current Employee - Senior Manager - Business Development in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at American Express

Pros

Brand Value , Multiple businesses to work with to develop professionally

Cons

Slow , leaders do not lead from the front

Value the real mettle of the employees , else competition will

Other Reviews for American Express

good job

Current Employee - Travel Counselor
    Current Employee - Travel Counselor

I have been working at American Express

Pros

The salary is more with Amex them some other agencies in Halifax. My coworkers are all nice and everyone is good friends.

Cons

It is a call centre so you must always be concered with your aftercall and all your stats. They are opened until 9pm and dealing with American clients we are opened on holidays.

I don`t really have any advise for the managment. I have worked in call centres before and I do feel that Amex is one of the better ones.

I noticed that alot of the negative and specific aimed criticising postings were removed.

Current Employee - Customer "care" Professional
    Current Employee - Customer "care" Professional

I have been working at American Express

Pros

Band 25s are generally pleasnt to work with despite sorry leadership

Cons

Too many to list. My biggest issue with AMEX is the fact that leadership is pretty much incompetent due to the fact that the trickle down theory of surrounding yourself with incompetent yes people that kiss your ass is pretty much the norm. Example SDL's that knowingly hire or promote people with a shaky integrity reputation just to make themselves look good and are not bright enough to not contradict the falsehoods that they stated previously.

Instead of shipping all the direct customer service professionals that deal directly with merchants and drive the business, ship the CEO and President-VP jobs to India, you will save a ton of money and the customers will be happy to deal with a person that they actually understand.

There are newer employer reviews for American Express.

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!