There are newer employer reviews for American Exteriors

I have had a good time working here and always enjoy the people around me.

Current Employee - New Accounts in Littleton, CO
Current Employee - New Accounts in Littleton, CO

I have been working at American Exteriors

Pros

Fairness, Team, Cooperation
You do not feel like you are alone tredding water, if needed others will step up to help out.

Cons

lack of communication - no longer a family atmosphere
not enough parking - need more space with call center expanding - room is in short supply

better communication even when you don't think it is necessary to let us know about some things it might be something we have concerns about

reviews filtered by

Rewarding Work, Good Environment, Good Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at American Exteriors

Pros

The company provides a great product compared to what is out there in the industry. It isn't the cheapest but it is definitely one of the best. I have sold in retail before and I know you get what you pay for. I have seen people in the company move into different positions in marketing, sales, operations, and other areas that they are a better fit. They are also fair about promotions.

Cons

Because we work with existing homeowners, you work lots of nights and Saturdays. They are good about giving me days off if I need it though.

Continue to engage your employees and make sure that the people you work with are of high caliber. I love the dedication to customer service.

Outside sales... if you make a sale...

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at American Exteriors

Pros

If you are good at high-pressure sales you may be able to make a living at American Exteriors as a "Marketing Director".

Cons

High pressure sales is a requirement, as they push a "one call, one close" priority. Salespersons ("Marketing Directors") must be available from 9:30am to 10:00pm five days a week, and you must work Thru, Fri, Sat, and you have a mandatory meeting every monday morning. Company takes care of lead generation, but generaly the leads are either poor, or the homeowner is just shopping around. They spend a lot of time training and doing role-play to help your high-pressure sales skills. Unfortunately, the windows and siding you sell are anywhere between 2 and 4 times as much as the competition.

Don't make an enemy out of your own people by threatening them with termination every chance you get. You have an incredibly high turnover rate as it is, why would you accuse them of being weak and threaten to fire them for "recision closes". Work on developing better presentations that address customer concerns instead of the high-pressure close.

There are newer employer reviews for American Exteriors