American Family Insurance
www.amfam.com Madison, WI 5000+ Employees

Agent/Owner

Insurance Agent (Former Employee)

I worked at American Family Insurance as a contractor for more than 10 years

ProsYour own boss, you controll your destiny. Great trips, made many life long friends from clients. Helped many people and was looked at as leader in community.

ConsThreatened by management to produce, even if you are producing. Management manages by threats and intimidation. Company does not care for agents or employees, cares for company only. Quoting upper management "We are no longer a mom and pop store". So agents are on there own, watch your back! If company says they will not ever do something, watch out it's happening or in planning stages now (ie. cut commisions, sell insurance over internet, raise rates, ext).

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to treat agents as people, not numbers. You shouldnt step on others to advance yourself. Be honest even if you have to tell someone something they don't want to hear.

Great company

I have been working at American Family Insurance

Pros: Great training, quarterly bonuses, and a wide variety of products Cons: Base salary may be your only salary if you don't… More

Claims Adjuster

I have been working at American Family Insurance

Pros: great managers flexible work schedules great coworkers Cons: office consolidation closed my office More

There are newer reviews on American Family Insurance.

Worked for American Family Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Family Insurance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Family Insurance CEO Jack Salzwedel. All reviews posted anonymously by American Family Insurance employees.