There are newer employer reviews for American Family Insurance

Good place to work, fun if you find the right agent!

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at American Family Insurance

Pros

Good company to work your way up in. You can start as office manager/marketing specialist and if you want, someday be an agent! If you happen to find an agent that is fun to work for and does not micro-manage their team, then you are set! Our office is fun to work at and our staff looks forward to coming to work everyday, that is the how a work environment should be. The starting pay is not bad either, but that all depends on your hiring agent too.

Cons

Weekly e-forms to fill out, and like any other job, lots of paperwork!

Be a little more flexible with the agents!

267 Other Employee Reviews for American Family Insurance (View Most Recent)

A good place to work.

Current Employee - Curriculum Development Designer  in  Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Curriculum Development Designer in Madison, WI

I have been working at American Family Insurance

Pros

The benefits and the people are what have kept me there for almost 20 years. They have a great matching program on their 401 K. Vacation time is adequate and increases over time. Professional development opportunities are adequate, though I think they could afford to budget more money for this.

Cons

Promotional opportunities have been lacking. I would even say that opportunities for lateral movement have diminished in recent years. First line and middle management have not been very impressive for a long time, though that could be changing with recent changes in upper management and major re-organizations throughout the company.

They have been doing a great job of embedding the new Strategic Plan into the organization, and most employees seem to be on board and moving in the same direction.

Too much bureaucracy!

Current Employee - Applications Technology Senior Engineer  in  Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Applications Technology Senior Engineer in Madison, WI

I have been working at American Family Insurance

Pros

Co-workers are nice. Free covered parking is available.

Cons

Very bureaucratic! It's difficult to get things done there.

Too many people have been hired who are not qualified - they don't have college degrees and don't act as they are in a team-work environment. Management lets people get away with a lot of unprofessional behavior.

We are told to cut costs and can't get our garbage picked up each night at our desks, while the executives have their private airplanes and automobiles.

Talk and listen to your employees and not to consulting companies!

There are newer employer reviews for American Family Insurance

Worked for American Family Insurance? Contribute to the Community!