American Fidelity Assurance Company

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company

Pros

One of Fortune 100's Great Places to Work
On-site fitness center
On-site clinic
On-site cafeteria
Management treats you with respect
Mulitple company-wide parties per year
All Colleague Bonus

Cons

Pay is average
Chance of being promoted isn't very high
Takes a long time to be promoted
Location of the buildings

Advice to Management

Overall, this is a great place to work. I do think that people are in positions just because they have worked for the company for so long, even though they may not be deserving of the position.

reviews filtered by
  1. Database Administrator

Current Employee - SQL Server Database Administrator in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - SQL Server Database Administrator in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company truly value their employees. The company is privately owned and believe in giving their employees bonuses.

Cons

Very conservative culture some of the employees need to lighting up some.

Advice to Management

Need to send IT personal for training on a yearly basis.

2. Great pay, simple products, and no prospecting.

Current Employee - Account Representative in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Ontario, CA

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being a sales person at AFA is not like other sales positions. Because of AFAs unique way of seeing customers, a sales associate will never have to prospect for clients. This means no cold calling! Instead, as a sales associate you travel to different school districts selling products to school district employees who either need to renew or are interested in new products. Super easy, you just have to find a method that works repetitively and sell. You get a Ford Fusion, and after 70,000 miles you get a new one. You can use it for reasonable personal use as well as work. You very rarely have to go to the office! Everything is usually at school districts. Management positions are accessible, but it is almost less stressful and more beneficial financially to remain as a sales person. Have a very good retirement program, although it has lessened over the years.

Cons

Selling can get extremely repetitive and needless to say boring. Products do not change very often, and clientele are always going to be school district employees. If you are looking for experience in prospecting, cold-calling, closing "big" business, I would not recommend this company.

Advice to Management

Management needs to do a better job of making better relationships with school district leaders. If we do not have good relationships with them then we cannot sell! Other than that, they are very lenient, friendly, and family focused.

American Fidelity Assurance Company Response

Apr 17, 2015Talent Management Team

Thank you for your feedback! We’re glad to see that you enjoy the position. Growing our relationships with school district leaders is one of our goals and we have shared your feedback with our chief ... More