American Fidelity Assurance Company

www.americanfidelity.com

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

Pros

One of Fortune 100's Great Places to Work
On-site fitness center
On-site clinic
On-site cafeteria
Management treats you with respect
Mulitple company-wide parties per year
All Colleague Bonus

Cons

Pay is average
Chance of being promoted isn't very high
Takes a long time to be promoted
Location of the buildings

Overall, this is a great place to work. I do think that people are in positions just because they have worked for the company for so long, even though they may not be deserving of the position.

Other reviews for American Fidelity Assurance Company

AWESOME Company! I'm sticking around until retirement!

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Carlsbad, CA

Pros

Flexibility, independence, great pay, enjoyable work. Management does not micromanage and as long as you do a good job you are left alone. Great incentive trips to places like Monaco, Mexico, Portugal, Hong Kong, Banff, Hawaii, etc. Defined benefit pension plan plus 401(k) match (up to 6.5% company contribution). AFA has been great to me and my family!

Cons

Things have not always been so good. California had significant challenges around 2009 that affected compensation but this was due mostly to the poor economy. It can be hard to go to work sometimes with so much freedom so you have to be a real self starter. Executive management has made some changes to comp during the middle of the year that affected top performers in a negative way. No company is perfect but I do believe AF is one of the best places to work overall.

Don't change compensation during the middle of the year or after you have rolled out new comp plans. Save the changes for the following year.

American Fidelity Assurance Company Response

Aug 11, 2014Talent Management Team

Thank you for your feedback! We work hard to be an Employer of Choice and we’re glad you took the time to share your thoughts. If you have any questions or concerns about the comp structure, make ... More

The atmosphere is 100% positive, parking is great, and I enjoy coming to work everyday.

Current Employee - Para Actuary  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Para Actuary in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Everyone is friendly, the on-site gym is a bonus, and everything seems progressive. The benefits are everything I would expect from an employer. I've only been here less than a year, and I can't imagine a better place to work.

Cons

No cons as of yet. I've sat here, trying to think of something negative to say, and I honestly can't think of anything.

My job is a typical 8-5, Monday through Friday, and has paid holidays. Therefore, the work-life balance is great. I don't believe I've been here long enough to give adequate advice to the management.

American Fidelity Assurance Company Response

Aug 18, 2014Talent Management Team

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We’re glad you’re part of the American Fidelity family. Don’t feel like you can’t share advice just because you’re new. We’d love to hear from you at any time ... More

There are newer employer reviews for American Fidelity Assurance Company.

Worked for American Fidelity Assurance Company? Contribute to the Community!