There are newer employer reviews for American Fidelity Assurance Company

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company

Pros

One of Fortune 100's Great Places to Work
On-site fitness center
On-site clinic
On-site cafeteria
Management treats you with respect
Mulitple company-wide parties per year
All Colleague Bonus

Cons

Pay is average
Chance of being promoted isn't very high
Takes a long time to be promoted
Location of the buildings

Overall, this is a great place to work. I do think that people are in positions just because they have worked for the company for so long, even though they may not be deserving of the position.

reviews filtered by
  1. AFA is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Training in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Training in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company

Pros

AFA is a very colleague-oriented company. Flex-time is available in most departments, teamwork and collaboration with other colleagues is highly valued, and it is evident that American Fidelity does their best to ensure all colleagues enjoy coming to work each day. AFA prefers to promote from within, which is fantastic for someone who wishes to grow within the company. The leadership is approachable and make themselves available to colleagues, which is so important in an organization this big. It is also great to work for a company who cares so much about its customers. Everything AFA does is with the customer in mind, making sure their lives are a little bit easier because of the word we do and the benefits we provide. Also, the benefits are fantastic (of course, that's what we do here)!

Cons

The only con is the fact that salaries are less than typical benchmark salaries for similar positions at other companies. However, this is because we have an all-colleague bonus that is driven by performance of the company overall. The bonus offers the opportunity to meet or exceed that benchmark salary based on how the company performs. Because of this, it really all evens out in the end!

American Fidelity Assurance Company Response

Feb 23, 2015Talent Management Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

2. They sell the opportunity. Then you learn the truth.

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company

Pros

401k, car, benefits, car, gas card, laptop, salary plus commission.

Cons

I know it sounds great and the concept is just that. However management at every step makes it a daily mission to focus on the negative, yours, never theirs. This makes for poor culture and poor morale. Wait till you enroll at a long time account trying to sell the same tired insurance products the employees already have or have been offered year after year. Making quota like this is difficult for most impossible for some. You are set up to fail. And if you don't make quota you will immediately be let go. Keep another job close in the wings if you try this.

Do something! exciting with this company, something fresh, something innovative, shake things up for god sakes its 2015 not 1960! Go back to school, hire a consultant, take a class whatever. Stop the ancient boring management. Lead or get out of the way!

There are newer employer reviews for American Fidelity Assurance Company