American Food & Vending

Run and Never look back

Former Employee - Route Driver in Taylor, PA
Former Employee - Route Driver in Taylor, PA

I worked at American Food & Vending

Pros

Good pay
Can eat anything from your truck
Work by yourself

Cons

Warehouse always running out of proiducts or giving you out of date products. When this happens the route drivers get in trouble. Managers never let you take a day off until your vaction. They tell you they pay for two weeks of vaction time after 2 years, but after your vaction you find out that you only get one. The hours are from 3 am til 3 pm monday thur friday and sat or sun from 8 am til 2pm. That's rigth you work 60 to 70 hours a weeks but only get paid for 40 hors. The pay is ok but they should pay their drivers more money. The drivers make about 40,000 a year and do all the work and the managers make about 100,000 a year and do nothing. Oh and don,t think that you,ll start as a driver and get promoted to manager because they hire managers from outside the company.

You guys should praise your drivers more because they are want keeps this company alive. Pay your drivers more money and let them be independent.

15 Other Employee Reviews for American Food & Vending (View Most Recent)

This is a typical corporate run vending operation that treats its employees like robots.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at American Food & Vending

Pros

It's a job and a check, albeit a small one.

Cons

60-80 hour work weeks are commonplace. Salary compensation for such long hours and amount of labor involved is inadequate to say the least. Pay raises are very rarely given. Mid management is rude, condescending and overbearing. Tensions run high in work atmosphere. Rate of employee turnover in high. You will be expected to have your entire life revolve around this company if you go to work for them. One minor mistake and they will jump down your throat, write you up and talk to you as if you were in elementary school. Do not go to work for these people unless you have to and absolutely cannot find employment anywhere else. If you expect to be promoted or given much praise for your work efforts you will not be satisfied.

Get some PR skills. Assuming that everyone is an incompetent idiot other than yourself qualifies as bad management.

Very confusing as District Management lacks direction

Former Employee - Catering Intern in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Catering Intern in Syracuse, NY

I worked at American Food & Vending

Pros

Work is easy. The pay rate for the work I completed was nice. I did a lot of driving which was a nice break from the menial and mundane daily tasks of organizing the storage room or washing dishes all day. I did get to see several different facilities when I covered a lot of vacation time. I was given some responsibility when I covered a 2nd shift vacation during my last week for the company. Even then, the work was unsatisfying and simple.

Cons

I washed a lot of dishes. A lot of random cleaning. I was mostly an errand boy. Whatever needed to be done for the company, filling catering shifts, cleaning up caterings, assisting chef with prep work. Really basic stuff.

There are newer employer reviews for American Food & Vending