American Funds

www.americanfunds.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for American Funds

They are the standard I compare other employment experiences with

Former Employee - Team Manager in Norfolk, VA
Former Employee - Team Manager in Norfolk, VA

I worked at American Funds full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great Benefits. Insurance, retirement package, bonuses, in office subsidised cafeteria, culture - employee & family picnic, tickets to local events, etc. The greatest take away in my opinion was the financial and investment knowledge that I gained in the course of learning to assist shareholders has provided tremendous personal benefits too.

Cons

Very flat organization, more lateral growth opportunities vs. upward mobility. The overtime requirements were a personal issue for me at family rearing stage of life.

55 Other Employee Reviews for American Funds (View Most Recent)

Great company

I worked at American Funds full-time

Pros

The training program was excellent. They provided a great atmosphere with plenty of perks.

Cons

I lived an hour away, so the commute ended it for me. Nothing wrong with the company.

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Systems Support Representative
    Current Employee - Systems Support Representative

I have been working at American Funds full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

American funds has a positive culture that promotes cooperation. There is an open door policy with upper management and everyone seems genuinely happy to be there. Depending on location, there is opportunities for advancement as evidenced by the many associates that have worked there for 5-10 years and more. Health benefits are slightly above par.

Cons

Overtime can be very taxing on the employees as they are regularly required to work 2+ hrs of OT a week. Some departments require a clear vision as to what their objective and responsibilities are. Salary is an unspoken topic because it ranges vastly depending on associate. Employee recognition is purely superficial.

Make every accommodation to keep your good employees otherwise they'll leave for higher pay and recognition.

There are newer employer reviews for American Funds