American Furniture Warehouse

www.afwonline.com

Disappointed with the treatment of employees

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker  in  Grand Junction, Mesa, CO
Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

Pros

The company has great friendly employees, amazing pay and benefits that cant be beat. Its a fast paced atmosphere and the hard work can pay off and be very rewarding.

Cons

It seems that everyone that holds any title of management both senior and new, all have attitude problems. As an employee we never work hard enough or fast enough as were told. The senior staff (most anybody there more than 2 years) are very rude, and talk down to you. Your yelled at for nothing and your opinion does not seem to matter.

I would recommend a change in overall moral and attitude. When an employee is wrong or has made a mistake, do not yell at them or put them down, ESPECIALLY in front of customers. It extremely rude and unprofessional. When an employee is wrong, make it a coaching experience. Take the time to show the employee the correct way to do it and offer advice based on your own experience.

The next thing I would recommend is performing a practice that some of us like to call: Leading by example. Leadership is mentoring an employee, showing, educating and teaching them the correct way of doing things. Not talking down to the employee and making them feel so low with morale that its hard to come to work the next day.

I would also like to advise management to hold daily meetings with the employees, a 5 minute team huddle before the start of the shift would be amazing, you could give recognition, show support, and lift the overall morale of the employees.

Other reviews for American Furniture Warehouse

I would never work there again nor would I recommend any one else there as well.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Grand Junction, Mesa, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

Pros

The employess are great people.

Cons

If you have a family and enjoy seeing them then I strongly advise you to STAY AWAY from there. They will not work with you when it comes to a family issue's. If you are being looked at for management you better not have a family they will turn you down. Management is a huge joke there. There is no leadership at all. Jake Jabs needs to stand up and take care of the problems that are higher up!! It is poor comapny to work for. If you enjoy no communication,being looked down at all the time, being belittled by management and have no family life then this is the place for you.

You guys need some seriouse 101 people skills. You are a poor excuses for mangers!!!! How any one in that comapny even got manger is beyond me. I think thay have classes on how to be professional in a bussiness setting and how to lead you might want to look into them!!

Do your job right and they leave you alone.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO

Pros

If you can sell with honesty and work within the rules of the company you can do well. Health insurance is reasonable. Quick hiring process - interview, breath/urine test, start right away.

Cons

Really have to make a lot of notes on each sale showing that you covered EVERY detail with the customer to make sure that returns/problems don't come back on you. This is time consuming. Work EVERY weekend.

Employees only get feedback when they do something wrong. A little bit of positive feedback goes a long way.

There are newer employer reviews for American Furniture Warehouse.

Worked for American Furniture Warehouse? Contribute to the Community!