American Furniture Warehouse

www.afwonline.com
  www.afwonline.com
There are newer employer reviews for American Furniture Warehouse

Disappointed with the treatment of employees

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO
Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

I have been working at American Furniture Warehouse

Pros

The company has great friendly employees, amazing pay and benefits that cant be beat. Its a fast paced atmosphere and the hard work can pay off and be very rewarding.

Cons

It seems that everyone that holds any title of management both senior and new, all have attitude problems. As an employee we never work hard enough or fast enough as were told. The senior staff (most anybody there more than 2 years) are very rude, and talk down to you. Your yelled at for nothing and your opinion does not seem to matter.

I would recommend a change in overall moral and attitude. When an employee is wrong or has made a mistake, do not yell at them or put them down, ESPECIALLY in front of customers. It extremely rude and unprofessional. When an employee is wrong, make it a coaching experience. Take the time to show the employee the correct way to do it and offer advice based on your own experience.

The next thing I would recommend is performing a practice that some of us like to call: Leading by example. Leadership is mentoring an employee, showing, educating and teaching them the correct way of doing things. Not talking down to the employee and making them feel so low with morale that its hard to come to work the next day.

I would also like to advise management to hold daily meetings with the employees, a 5 minute team huddle before the start of the shift would be amazing, you could give recognition, show support, and lift the overall morale of the employees.

26 Other Employee Reviews for American Furniture Warehouse (View Most Recent)

Do your job right and they leave you alone.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at American Furniture Warehouse

Pros

If you can sell with honesty and work within the rules of the company you can do well. Health insurance is reasonable. Quick hiring process - interview, breath/urine test, start right away.

Cons

Really have to make a lot of notes on each sale showing that you covered EVERY detail with the customer to make sure that returns/problems don't come back on you. This is time consuming. Work EVERY weekend.

Employees only get feedback when they do something wrong. A little bit of positive feedback goes a long way.

I hope I don't get fired!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Westminster, CO

I have been working at American Furniture Warehouse

Pros

Earning potential is theoretically unlimited. Great Exercise. Dynamic work experience. A lot of advertising that works. Customer brand recognition. High Traffic Volume. Open Sales Floor (Which is both good and bad).

Cons

Management lacks ability to manage staff effectively and evenly. Double Standards. Your days off are not always your days off. You never have the weekend off. The sales staff often overwhelms customers because of the "open sales floor" policy (which can be both good, and bad), especially when traffic is slow.

Hire management who can manage without constantly belittling employees and lowering employee morale.

There are newer employer reviews for American Furniture Warehouse