American General Finance
www.springleaffinancial.com Evansville, IN 5000+ Employees

A good stepping stone to the financial industry at best....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat enivorment to learn basic skills for entry level employees and recent college graduates.

Good benefits (while with AIG)

A good path to gain manager experience in a fair amount of time.

ConsDepending on which district or division you are in, can be VERY unprofessional. Lots of personal attacks and conficits. Many decisions are made for personal reasons. Favoritism is very relevant. Want to move up? You better be your district manager's best friend. Lots of gossip. Lots of unethical methods used. Upper management is clueless. They do not listen to employees who do the work that they bonus of off. They hide facts from employees as well. More concerned with finding reasons to fire employees than to help them. Upper management is horrible about micromanagement as well. They like to tell you how to do your job although they are clueless how to do it. Incentives are very limited for employees who produce.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the branch managers who you promoted run their offices as see fit, as long as the follow basic policies. Demographics based on branch locations are very different. One method does not work for every office. Also, create better incentives for employees who produce. Managers who can be lazy are awarded the fruits of their employees hard labor.

This job made me wish I would get fired.

Financial Representative (Branch Manager Trainee) (Former Employee)

I worked at American General Finance

Pros: Pay is ok. It's an entry level job for those just out of college. Benefits are ok. Decent amount of vacation time… Cons: Managers can be incompetent. Goals are often impossible to meet, especially in an office with cut throat coworkers stealing loans from you. I… Advice to Senior Management: Micromanage less. Set more realistic goals and make better loans, especially in a down economy.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

okay. upper management expects more than anyone could produce

Branch Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at American General Finance

Pros: great benefits, great resume builder Cons: upper management thinks their god and you should always be… Advice to Senior Management: get off your high horse. your not that great. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on American General Finance.

Worked for American General Finance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American General Finance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American General Finance CEO Jay N. Levine. All reviews posted anonymously by American General Finance employees.