American Girl
www.americangirl.com Middleton, WI 1000 to 5000 Employees

Satisfied Seasonal Employee

Seasonal Order Processor (Former Employee)
Middleton, WI

ProsI was an Order Processor, and received great training, both on product, phone practice, and the computer system. The customers tend to be very kind, and enjoyable to work with. There are great little perks, but the best is the people you work with. Within 3 months I had three reviews - better than many companies, so I knew how I was doing.

ConsBlack Friday and Cyber Monday are awful. People get very frustrated with the limited supplies of sale items and take it out on the person on the phone. It is not a job for everyone, you have to think on your feet and not get frustrated.

Very corporate environment with highly educated employees, mostly women. Great benefits!

Art Director (Current Employee)
    Middleton, WI

I have been working at American Girl full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Many great benefits including medical, dental, vision, pet insurance, unlimited sick time, half days on Friday year round, lots of paid Holiday time off -… Cons: Having to sign documents restricting employees rights (i.e. confidentiality agreements, ridiculous amounts of training on workplace manners, extensive employee handbook, etc.). Not the most innovative… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very Sweet Fun Place to Work

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at American Girl part-time for less than a year

Pros: Great place for women of all ages and experience levels… Cons: Middle management lacks true experience managing people. Advice to Senior Management: Train the sales staff more throughly as you do the leads and management. Create a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on American Girl.

Worked for American Girl? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Girl reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Girl CEO Ellen L. Brothers. All reviews posted anonymously by American Girl employees.