American Golf

www.americangolf.com
  www.americangolf.com
There are newer employer reviews for American Golf

A rewarding time in my life

Former Employee - Golf Attendant in Monroe, NY
Former Employee - Golf Attendant in Monroe, NY

I worked at American Golf part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Learning experience in golf management and service of golf course, between pro shops and maintenance areas were very well managed.

Cons

I think when it comes to getting the correct people for the positions needed to run a golf course they have to do better

I think that you should think some more on the pricing structures that you have in place for your courses as in this economy lower green fees and memberships would be more profitable in long run than over charging and having less play with less profit

38 Other Employee Reviews for American Golf (View Most Recent)

Burn and Turn Corporation

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at American Golf full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

half price meals, closed Christmas

Cons

mandatory 2 week furlough, poor salary, always feeling threatened that you are going to loose your job. unachievable plans.

Stop back stabbing your employees. They are your greatest resource but you are too stupid to realize it!

Good place if you are only looking for extra spending cash in high school or college.. never else

Former Employee - Pro Shop Attendant in Annandale, NJ
    Former Employee - Pro Shop Attendant in Annandale, NJ

I worked at American Golf

Pros

Can play at any other American Golf course in the network across the country for what the employee rate would be. Able to play several good courses for a cheap price! Hours were flexible and easily able to take time off when I needed to juggle multiple jobs.

Cons

Limited growth clearly with these courses because it only needs a GM and AGM. After that, food/beverage isn't even necessary. Only other manager is the part-time events person. Pretty simple place to work and make good spending money when in college. Nothing else after that.

Offer some sort of incentive program for employees that actually do go the extra distance. Many young adults may slack off, but several enjoy exceeding goals and want to be rewarded for this.

There are newer employer reviews for American Golf