American Greetings

corporate.americangreetings.com

Toxic.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsJust to be completely clear - this review is for the Chicago office of AG. It's also referred to as Papyrus-Recycled Greetings, or PRG.
The Cleveland office of AG seems to have everything together. People seem happy for the most part - morale is okay overall. And I worked closely with several people in Cleveland who were just awesome. Seriously - really great people. I'm blessed to know them.
The Chicago office, however, does has some perks that are nice. It's downtown. There are some really great people that work there. Some of the best, and possibly most interesting people you'll ever work with actually.

ConsThe Chicago office has some of the worst senior management that I've ever worked with/for/under. Very manipulative and "read-my-mind"/"kiss my butt". There's constant turnover - and very low office morale.
Most everyone obsessed about leaving or fantasized about being let go.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so insecure and passive aggressive - or in one case, two-faced and overtly aggressive. Great leaders aren't made of that stuff. You were put there for a reason (and I want to think it wasn't to run that place into the ground - but I'm not completely sure). Trust your employees to do their job and do it well. Also - it's okay to offer constructive feedback and offer/provide direction instead of expecting people to read your mind.

Waiting for the other shoe to drop

Product Manager (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

I worked at American Greetings

Pros: the people are awesome the pay is market driven and… Cons: Management is out of touch, can only manage up and… Advice to Senior Management: Promote more women. Pay attention to the ideas below the manager level, get rid of some of the useless VPs… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Consistency is key

American Greetings Contractor (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

I have been working at American Greetings

Pros: Flexible hours no micromanagement, to a point pay is decent some really sharp/talented co-workers everyone is likable for… Cons: - management is severely inconsistent in it's practices and attitude - sometimes you will run across an extremely effective manager, and sometimes the polar opposite, it… Advice to Senior Management: - promote communication between departments and teams within departments - recognize talent when you see it and work to cultivate that talent - properly train your managers… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on American Greetings.

Worked for American Greetings? Contribute to the Community!