American Greetings

corporate.americangreetings.com
  corporate.americangreetings.com
There are newer employer reviews for American Greetings

Poisonous - Headed for the title of Worst Place To Work. Ever.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at American Greetings

Pros

This is a review for what is now known as Papyrus-Recycled Greetings located in Chicago.
Wonderful people, young and old who are a pleasure to work with.
Everyone works hard to get their jobs done.
Located downtown with excellent transportation options.

Cons

Recycled Paper Greetings is dead. AG killed what once was a lovely company to work for. Job security is always an issue and stressful to one’s life. The attitude is be thankful you have a job which creates very low morale. The hours are not flexible AT ALL, except for management. Can be difficult to get time off. Don't get sick since the health benefits won't cover much and are very expensive. No diversity.

Be honest. Be modern. Stop treating adults like children. Think about what you're doing and the horrible, humiliating environment you're creating.

211 Other Employee Reviews for American Greetings (View Most Recent)

It's time to move on

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at American Greetings

Pros

Very creative environment
    Starbucks inside of the building
    Inspiring building with lots of art and color
    For some, the move to Westlake

Cons

The work environment is not very inclusive
    Management team lacks leadership skills
    The benefits are horrible and expensive
    Lack of diversity in thought and ethnic background
    No career path. You get stuck in the role you are hired in.

Take care of your current associates if you want to get more. Network with your peers outside of the company to learn some of their best practices.

Toxic.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at American Greetings

Pros

Just to be completely clear - this review is for the Chicago office of AG. It's also referred to as Papyrus-Recycled Greetings, or PRG.
    The Cleveland office of AG seems to have everything together. People seem happy for the most part - morale is okay overall. And I worked closely with several people in Cleveland who were just awesome. Seriously - really great people. I'm blessed to know them.
    The Chicago office, however, does has some perks that are nice. It's downtown. There are some really great people that work there. Some of the best, and possibly most interesting people you'll ever work with actually.

Cons

The Chicago office has some of the worst senior management that I've ever worked with/for/under. Very manipulative and "read-my-mind"/"kiss my butt". There's constant turnover - and very low office morale.
    Most everyone obsessed about leaving or fantasized about being let go.

Stop being so insecure and passive aggressive - or in one case, two-faced and overtly aggressive. Great leaders aren't made of that stuff. You were put there for a reason (and I want to think it wasn't to run that place into the ground - but I'm not completely sure). Trust your employees to do their job and do it well. Also - it's okay to offer constructive feedback and offer/provide direction instead of expecting people to read your mind.

There are newer employer reviews for American Greetings