American Greetings
corporate.americangreetings.com Cleveland, OH 5000+ Employees

American Greetings...job of absolute last resort

Creative Technical Specialist (Former Employee)
Brooklyn, OH

ProsHigher than average pay. Seems to compensate for high turn over. Easy to get in when new to the work force. They hire just about anyone, often regardless of any ability in the position. Some people do enjoy the environment, so it seems that it can be a good fit for some.

ConsThe culture, management as a whole, or lack of it. Have known several people who took jobs there against my advice and were ready to leave within a couple months. I left voluntarily and the lay-offs have not stopped in all the time since I left. They hire and fire, hire and fire.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to clearly communicate to employees. More of an open door policy.

Service is everything!

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Cleveland, OH

I have been working at American Greetings

Pros: Family Oriented, Flexible, Respectful of their employees. Long-term goals are… Cons: Unknowing of several changes that will effect Salesforce in next 5… Advice to Senior Management: Utilize Key Competitive Advantage over competition which is our Service… More

American Greetings needs to become more proactive and listen to its employees

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
    Cleveland, OH

I worked at American Greetings

Pros: Within headquarters, there are many opportunities to move around to different departments. If you prove yourself, and don't… Cons: The systems are becoming increasingly outdated. In order to compete in business today, the employees need to have access to accurate information on a… Advice to Senior Management: Upgrade the systems. Recognize that the profit margins of the greeting card industry and the overall market is declining and develop strategies to address… More
There are newer reviews on American Greetings.

Worked for American Greetings? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Greetings reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Greetings CEO Zev Weiss. All reviews posted anonymously by American Greetings employees.